VS Cars going head to head!

took a vette

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:30 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default took a vette

so on my way home last night i was driving my 2002 SS, and this black 2000corvette pulls up and starts pacing next to me, then guns it, so i take chase and i catch up and we are nose and nose before we had to slow down due to a red light. so during this REALLY REALLY long red light, me and him were talking, and he said he has intake, exhaust, headers, bigger throttle body, and all this other ****. meanwhile, i only have intake, and exhaust. so i figure, why not, lets just see what he's got. so the light turns green, we both punch it, i spin my tires a little too much so he get about a car ahead in first, but as soon, as 2nd and 3rd came, i walked him all the way up to 120mph, and when we shut down i was about 1.5-2 car lengths ahead. when we stopped at the next light, you could tell he was mad, here is this 40 year old guy, in this expensive vette, getting beat by a 20 year old with a camaro. i just smiled at him, gave him a thumbs up, and drove off. haha, good times. that is the 2nd vette I've beat. my guess is that he was just a sucky *** driver, and was granny shifting, but dont know.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: took a vette

that means u beat the driver.......

ur on the honor system now.....dont go pretending to be avette killer [:-]

Old 04-12-2008, 01:40 AM
In the Staging Lanes

in my experiences, most people who buy vettes, MOST, not all, are just rich guys who dont know how to drive worth **** and think that just cuz there car puts down more ponies, that its a sure win. i know a few guys who have vettes, and ive driven with them when they raced, and it just made me laugh at how slow they were shifting, and how they were getting beat by ls1's left and right.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:19 AM
2nd Gear member

I have a 2001 Vette... They are the same engine, in the 2002 Camaro they were "rated" at 325 HP in the camaro, but in fact, they had a wilder cam then the vette did, We just rated them that way for insurance reasons, and the fact that they didt want the 30k car looking better than the 60k car... good kill...

Old 04-12-2008, 01:22 PM
4th Gear Member

GM actually underrated the 2002 SS Camaros because their true BHP was getting too close to the Vette haha. Nice kill man.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:48 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: 94 z28

in my experiences, most people who buy vettes, MOST, not all, are just rich guys who dont know how to drive worth **** and think that just cuz there car puts down more ponies, that its a sure win. i know a few guys who have vettes, and ive driven with them when they raced, and it just made me laugh at how slow they were shifting, and how they were getting beat by ls1's left and right.
corvettes are a bit overrated, to the C5 extent i mean. we had one, and it was a 2000 conv, auto and i can honestly say right now my 97 Z punches a lot faster <110mph its just after like id say 80mph the camaro kinda slacks and the vette kept truckin till id say about 130ish but thats the LS1.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:36 PM
1st Gear Member

ahahahah
94 z28 > old rich dude.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:36 AM
In the Staging Lanes

nice kill

Old 04-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: baseballer91

ORIGINAL: 94 z28

corvettes are a bit overrated, to the C5 extent i mean. we had one, and it was a 2000 conv, auto and i can honestly say right now my 97 Z punches a lot faster <110mph its just after like id say 80mph the camaro kinda slacks and the vette kept truckin till id say about 130ish but thats the LS1.
did you ever line them up and test this out?

c5's are usually high 12 second cars, and they trap around 110, which means in a quarter mile, <110mph, the c5 would be well faster than you. the thing is, the corvette is a much more highly tuned car (specifically the suspension)than a camaro, which takes the "rawness" out of it and can make it seem less powerful than it is.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:05 AM
2nd Gear member

yeah that could be it. like i noticed that a looong time ago, like you honestly would not feel your going too fast and you'd look at the heads up and be like "HOLY ****" but no i never hada chance to line them up (i got the Z about 3 weeks after i wrecked the vette) but i did like floor them fromthe samepoint and see what my speed was with each to another point. vette 60 mph maro was like 69mph granted a whole lot of factors will contribute to that considering it was a guestimate of the place i started.

but now that i think about it i hit a place going 70 off a short strip with the vette, and was no where close to that with the maro.. hmm oh well

i just didnt like the vette b/c it was a convertable or maybe im just trying to rationalize destroying it...

i need a shrink.. know any good jewish ones?

Quick Reply: took a vette