VS Cars going head to head!

Sweet race.... if it ever happens

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default Sweet race.... if it ever happens

So, i was meaning to post about this for awhile, but realized it was uninteresting until last night.

I was out at (yet another [&:]) watering hole with some buddies about a month ago. While im sitting and playing one of those touch screen game things I hear over my shoulder "yeah, thats right, seven hundred and FIFTY rear wheel horse power!"

a buddy of mine points me out and says "seriously? man, u should talk to that guy, hes all about cars" and so we get to chatting. The guy claims the car is a genuine eleanor from the remake of gone in 60 seconds. says he bought it from barett jackson, and its just one piece of his collection. well, I know the car couldnt have come like that because no movie producer is going to spend the cash to make a stunt car that fast, but who knows whats up right? we talk a bit, i pretty much make my mind up that hes full of poop, and go on my way.

here is where it gets interesting, I am driving around yesterday and what do i see parked outside of this establishment? (its not just a bar btw, restaurant during the day) ELEANOR! I gotta say, she was purdy. But that stock rubber on the back wheels told me it was probably a little shy of 700hp. So anyways, after going to a friends place and losing a bet when Sherk got his *** beat by Penn ([&:]) we head to this bar hoping the guy will be around. Well, he isnt. But that didnt stop me from finding one of his friends. Now, ill come up front and say I was very nice to this guy. partially because **** talkin isnt my style, and partially because the dude who owns the car... well, his wrists are about as thick as my neck [&:]. hes a big guy. I hear a couple different stories about the guy. hes ex military, and either a trust fund baby or scored big after taking a bullet in service.... but thats really neither here nor there. he had a book there with pics of his cars, some really nice rides though.

so heres where it gets interesting. I start by saying Im into cars. own a 350 late model firebird (i know its not a 350.... but its all the same to this guy's buddy so whatever). And ive heard about this eleanor car. supposed to be amazing. I spend some time talking the car up, getting on the good side, then i drop the bomb.
"U know, im sick of running up against these fart can ricers in this city, and i can never find someone with a good car to run. The thing is.... I dont mind getting my *** kicked. If someone beats me then they deserve it, but i would like to run up against that car some time for fun "

well, the guy i think is a little pissed off.each time i say i dont mind being beat he throws in quick "and you will be". well, more of the story: "that cars got way over 700 hp. i helped him put the motor in myself."
what motor?

"its a 390, bored and stroked out to 409"

oh yeah? any power adders?

"no man, thats all motor!" oooooooooookaaayyyyy. This is where i get excited because everyone in the bar knows this guy and his cars and how fast its supposed to be.

I ask about his tire setup and the guy then tells me the car is actually set up for drift.. but hes busy texting the guy to get him out here to set something up for the next day after weve slepts off the nights fun. all the while hes telling me and my friends how bad Im going to be beat... that the guy will run right with and probably beat my buddies 07 gsxr600.... all this jazz....

unfortunately, and heres where you all realize you wasted alot of time reading this: the guy never showed. no

Old 05-25-2008, 02:13 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!
Default RE: Sweet race.... if it ever happens

a 700 horse power drift car ya that would go over well just after you went soaring into the wall......

Old 05-25-2008, 06:42 PM
1st Gear Member

what a tool..be sure to get some vids of you handing him his butt if he ever calls ya for a race.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Ninja Administrator

i saw him again today and threw him a rev. he wasnt in the car though, just standing beside it

Old 05-25-2008, 08:20 PM
3rd Gear Member

Old 05-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Ninja Administrator

it was chunked into paragraphs for that reason stiggleton. just work ur way through it

btw, im definitly going to keep after this guy for a race

Old 05-25-2008, 10:15 PM
2nd Gear member

Wow this should be fun. Who puts small tires on a 700 hp car?

Old 05-25-2008, 10:29 PM
May 2007 ROTM

small tires are awsome on 700 hp cars. I would bet 300 hp.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:49 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

it was chunked into paragraphs for that reason stiggleton. just work ur way through it

Old 05-25-2008, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Lol I love Stigs pictures he posts up