VS Cars going head to head!

suprising kill (non f-body)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:13 PM
4th Gear Member

Mclovin, i didnt mean ANY modded street duramax.. i ment a run of the mill stock duramax as what i suspect this redneck had..

Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Fancy Sparkle

most "redneck's" usually have some work done to their trucks. sure, you'll run into some that aren't modded, but that's not so common anymore (it took me nearly 2 years to find a BONE STOCK Duramax, i found everything from mild bolt-ons to full blown 800whp rigs) a stock diesel is becoming harder and harder to find (work trucks excluded). granted, yes this guys truck probably was stock.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member

im pretty sure it was and the guy was a redneck

Old 01-19-2009, 07:58 PM
4th Gear Member

Sounded like one.... They usually tend to think anything not made in America with less than 8 cylinders is slow... they haven't learned that in the last decade European cars have actually made a major step in performance.. believe me all my uncle and cousins drive old ford and chevy pickups diesel and gas and they live in the more redneck part of Washington. (which is about 30-45 minutes north of Musicman actually :P ) and they think their trucks are the end all be all of performance.. mostly because they can tow, go off road and hit 50mph on the highway without exploding... lol

Old 01-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Ninja Administrator

this whole "hard to find stock" thing is generally untrue. most people buy trucks for work, and are not interested in modding. more often than not you will find stock trucks, even u mclovin. it depends on where you look. camaros for example: many people will look on internet forums for cars and then think that most are modded..... well duh.... ur on a forum. go to a dealership. most will have very very few mods if any. People tend to NOT trade in highly modified cars because some gearhead will pay for some of the mods in aprivate deal where a dealership will not

Old 01-19-2009, 08:45 PM
4th Gear Member

I think in all the used trucks we take in they are all mostly stock with the rare truck that has exhaust. Weve only seen one aftermarket supercharged truck and it was a 04 or 05 chevy 2500. It was really nice actually. lifted, had a bunch of cool stuff. Then we had a 2001 f350 lariat with a banks turbo kit, borla exhaust and a huge lift. Mostly we see lifted diesels and thats about it. Nothing too crazy.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Ninja Administrator

exactly, they keep saying that you can never find a stock fbody or a stock 5.0 mustang either....... there are tons, just gotta NOT look on the internet where people sell all the modded ones.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Fancy Sparkle

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
this whole "hard to find stock" thing is generally untrue. most people buy trucks for work, and are not interested in modding. more often than not you will find stock trucks, even u mclovin. it depends on where you look. camaros for example: many people will look on internet forums for cars and then think that most are modded..... well duh.... ur on a forum. go to a dealership. most will have very very few mods if any. People tend to NOT trade in highly modified cars because some gearhead will pay for some of the mods in aprivate deal where a dealership will not
want to explain why i found 14 stock rigs out of 112 over two years??? (and yes, i did keep count, i'm a nerd like that (i should also mention that i stayed away from new rigs, had to be under $24000))

and btw, i tried to stay AWAY from the internet when looking.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:52 PM
4th Gear Member

Well whats your definition of stock? I mean throwing some sort of intake or exhaust isnt a real big deal of diesels. Its getting into the trucks with power packs and all kinds of crazy stuff that really makes the difference. Although a guy at work has a 2000 F350 threw a huge exhaust system on there and got some tuner and his truck hauls ***. Im talkin 4wd burn outs for miles lol (that was an exaggeration fyi)

Old 01-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Ninja Administrator

you probably didnt look right.
or, you are nitpicking over every truck that has a K&N filter. my car had a borla catback on it when i bought it, so technically it was not stock. but in all honesty, given the context of the "its so hard to find a stock car" comments, its freaking close enough

Quick Reply: suprising kill (non f-body)