VS Cars going head to head!

suprising kill (non f-body)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default suprising kill (non f-body)

well if u read my last post about the duramax wanting to race my camaro you should understand that kids around here think their trucks are the fastest things on the planet no dought they could be but they are not, a friend of mine called me while i was changin the oil on my car and said he was gonna race a truck and wanted me there, so i hopped in my moms mini cooper S to go watch.
my gf and i got up there and they just raced so we all were hangin out havin a good time then this kid with a 07 duramax was like i'll race u in that piece of **** car (the mini) u would be suprised by a mini, so i said fine i'll race u from a dig he didnt know what that was. i pulled out on the road i stoped he pulled up next to me rolled his window down and said " u ready pus**" i looked and smiled then we took off and i left him, i looked in the mirror and watched his head lights get farther and farther away. i beat him by 4 cars easily missin fifth in the process, when we stoped i got out and said how does it feel to get ur *** kicked by a 160hp car, he got pissed and left the bad part was its my moms car

Old 01-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Fancy Sparkle

could i get a little more info on the Duramax??? what body style, CC, RC, LB, SB??? DRW???

don't get me wrong, a Mini is a quick little sucker, but a Duramax isn't a slouch either. a stock LBZ is low 15's in the 1/4, bolt ons will send them deep into the 14's, tuners will do even better.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:04 AM
1st Gear Member

it was an 07 crew cab, he was in 2wd i think it was stock, i had it on vid but it said it was corrupt

Old 01-19-2009, 01:12 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah.. a Mini Cooper S will walk any street duramax... i dont care what Mclovin says they are light and quick as hell.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Ninja Administrator

15s is not quick....... and since u work on diesels you know that 15s is not quick for a diesel.

the mini cooper S is in the 14s i believe, which makes the truck owner an idiot.
good kill. does he still want to race your camaro now?

Old 01-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Fancy Sparkle

Originally Posted by Spartan66
Yeah.. a Mini Cooper S will walk any street duramax... i dont care what Mclovin says they are light and quick as hell.
i never said a Mini was heavy and slow.

and saying a Mini (even a Cooper S with the JCW package) will walk any street Duramax is friggen stupid spartan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uoet...eature=related

bolt-ons and mild tune only on that truck

and actually specter, low 15's high 14's are VERY quick for a stock diesel. (btw, the diesel's i work on would be lucky to pull 19-21 second 1/4 mile times )

Last edited by 1990CamaroRS; 01-19-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Ninja Administrator

im just saying, the fact that you have to ammend that statement with the phrase "for a *blank*" should tell you something. this is not hondacivicforums. we do not average 17 second passes with the occasional 14. 15s are not quick. and the mini is faster than 15s.

and honestly, the newer powerstrokes (at least up until the TT came out) were significantly faster than the duramaxs. they were kinda dogs. the landscaping company I worked for had all new duramaxes, with the 6speed manumatic, and they sucked. the foreman's ford, and my dads were significantly faster.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
15s is not quick....... and since u work on diesels you know that 15s is not quick for a diesel.

the mini cooper S is in the 14s i believe, which makes the truck owner an idiot.
good kill. does he still want to race your camaro now?
the kid i raced no, i wouldnt waste my gas. but the kid with the white 01 duramax was there and watchin he made him self look even more like a dumb *** "u just got beat by a slow *** mini, u got more hp" i just laughed like u dumbass can u see hp isnt everything" i offered to get my car he said his tranny is messin up on his truck lol.

oh and the suprising kill, i was not suprised the guy in the duramax his face was priceless

Last edited by SpecterGT260; 01-19-2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: because I can, and because these new mod controls are fun :)
Old 01-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Ninja Administrator

BWAHAHAHAHAHA,
his brand new allison tranny is messin up? no. his tranny is doing EXACTLY what its supposed to do, and because its a truck, its not supposed to race.

yes there are fast trucks out there, but the way they work is not ideal for racing. I hate people that make excuses

Old 01-19-2009, 05:04 PM
1st Gear Member

yea my tranny is messed up also but i was still gonna race him

Quick Reply: suprising kill (non f-body)