VS Cars going head to head!

SRT4 vs SRT8

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Default SRT4 vs SRT8

I know theres no camaros involved, but still a fun story. Anyone in the UK area wants to roll with us sometime pm me.

So heres the story of the little SRT4 and her big brother, the SRT8 Charger when one sunny sunday afternoon, they decided to go out and play, er... kick *** on the highway in the greater London area.
Otherwise entitled WTBriver mod...:tongue:
So this army guy I know named Brian has the only SRT8 Charger (black) that we know of in the country, and mine is one of like 5 SRT4s in the country, and the only one in my area:clap: . We got invited to a mopar show at this air field. There was also a volvo show:rofl: and a Triumph show:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: going on at the same place, along with the TVR club (that was actually pretty cool to see) Anywho, anyone under 3.5" tall loved my car, and anyone over that loved the Charger. Both got a lot of pics taken. The SRT4 and Charger sat there giving threatening looks to all the Triumphs across the way, and they just sat there, shaking all their bolts loose in fear. (me and Brian like to beat up on Brit cars... its like kicking the **** out of a 6 year old in a wheelchair) Enough of that crap, on to the race:ninja:
1st run: 65 roll. 3 honks. Charger gets a late start, SRT4 blows him out of the water, and misses 4th.
2nd run: 65 roll, 3 finger countdown. Charger gets another late start, but not as bad. SRT4 wins, but not by as much. For once I didnt miss 4th.
3r run: 45-50 roll, 3 finger countdown. This is one of the good ones! No brakeboosting or anything, and Brian learns how to count to 3, and so hes up by a fender (lousy turbo lag:zzzz: ), with the SRT4 maintaining bad-assness with a neck and neck race with the thundering V8. A slow shift into 4th puts another couple of feet on the "neon", but I cant see his taillights yet, and am starting to catch up to his front fender. 130 rolls around and we shut down.
Id say the 2 cars are as even as you can get, based on the last run. With a better driver, Amber might have even pulled him. We got back to his house and I was like "That damn things pretty ****in fast" He points to Amber and says "THAT little bastards pretty damn fast!"
We got a lot of looks running down the motorway together. Well have to have another playdate sometime, hopefully with a damn video camera:ben:

Old 10-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Fancy Sparkle
Default RE: SRT4 vs SRT8

that sounded like a lot of fun! personally though, i think that the new Charger would have been WAY better off as a coupe. it could also shed a couple hundred pounds. i don't stand a chance against a Charger with my car right now (3.1 v6 does not equal speed)

Old 10-01-2007, 03:30 PM
2nd Gear member

man, thats awesome, i wanna see what kind of rides are over there, as well as love the history, might take a semester in london if i can

Old 10-01-2007, 08:12 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

honestly the SRT8 needs a deit plan not that i have room to talk the call me big nick for a reason lol

Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 PM

Nice races! I assume that since you're from the UK those speeds are in km/h?? I wish I lived sumwhere near sum1 who had a TVR, those things are PIMP!

Old 10-01-2007, 10:36 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigNic

honestly the SRT8 needs a deit plan not that i have room to talk the call me big nick for a reason lol
Even being a bloated pig, the thing still does low 13s stock. A buddy of mine just picked one up for his wife, and it pulls just as hard as my car, but actually has traction, and you can hear yourself think. Very impressive cars if you ask me...

Old 10-02-2007, 06:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: orange_blaster

I know theres no camaros involved, but still a fun story. Anyone in the UK area wants to roll with us sometime pm me.

So heres the story of the little SRT4 and her big brother, the SRT8 Charger when one sunny sunday afternoon, they decided to go out and play, er... kick *** on the highway in the greater London area.
Otherwise entitled WTBriver mod...:tongue:
So this army guy I know named Brian has the only SRT8 Charger (black) that we know of in the country, and mine is one of like 5 SRT4s in the country, and the only one in my area:clap: . We got invited to a mopar show at this air field. There was also a volvo show:rofl: and a Triumph show:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: going on at the same place, along with the TVR club (that was actually pretty cool to see) Anywho, anyone under 3.5" tall loved my car, and anyone over that loved the Charger. Both got a lot of pics taken. The SRT4 and Charger sat there giving threatening looks to all the Triumphs across the way, and they just sat there, shaking all their bolts loose in fear. (me and Brian like to beat up on Brit cars... its like kicking the **** out of a 6 year old in a wheelchair) Enough of that crap, on to the race:ninja:
1st run: 65 roll. 3 honks. Charger gets a late start, SRT4 blows him out of the water, and misses 4th.
2nd run: 65 roll, 3 finger countdown. Charger gets another late start, but not as bad. SRT4 wins, but not by as much. For once I didnt miss 4th.
3r run: 45-50 roll, 3 finger countdown. This is one of the good ones! No brakeboosting or anything, and Brian learns how to count to 3, and so hes up by a fender (lousy turbo lag:zzzz: ), with the SRT4 maintaining bad-assness with a neck and neck race with the thundering V8. A slow shift into 4th puts another couple of feet on the "neon", but I cant see his taillights yet, and am starting to catch up to his front fender. 130 rolls around and we shut down.
Id say the 2 cars are as even as you can get, based on the last run. With a better driver, Amber might have even pulled him. We got back to his house and I was like "That damn things pretty ****in fast" He points to Amber and says "THAT little bastards pretty damn fast!"
We got a lot of looks running down the motorway together. Well have to have another playdate sometime, hopefully with a damn video camera:ben:
Good race! Sounds like you had fun. Do you ever see any Camaros over there? If so are they well liked or thought of as crap?

Old 10-02-2007, 07:20 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: esteinmaier

ORIGINAL: BigNic

Even being a bloated pig, the thing still does low 13s stock. A buddy of mine just picked one up for his wife, and it pulls just as hard as my car, but actually has traction, and you can hear yourself think. Very impressive cars if you ask me...
really, its a high 13 low 14 car, lotta tourque in those 6.1s though

Old 10-03-2007, 07:50 AM
1st Gear Member

465 ft/lb. From what I hear, it's in the mid 13s stock, and riding in it, I believe it.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:35 AM
2nd Gear member

ive driven one too, and the sheriffs office here has them now, they are comparable to a new mustang gt maybe a slight bit faster

Quick Reply: SRT4 vs SRT8