VS Cars going head to head!

SRT-4 's Taste Like Chicken 8-)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 03:01 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default SRT-4 's Taste Like Chicken 8-)

Well Me And My 85 Went To The Drag Again Lastnight. This Was Our Third Time And I'm Getting A Little Better At Hooking Up. Still Spins Quite A Bit Tho. Made 5 Passes At The Cost Of Two Alternator Belts But, If You Have Read My Posts Thats Not Near As Bad As Usual. My Best Time Was 14.24 @ 97.32 Miles An Hour. My Second Best Time Was 14.61 @ 98.34 Miles An Hour. The Best Part About The Second Run Was Another Dodge Lost It's Pride. Smoked An SRT-4. On The Jump I Started to Spin So I Eased Up A Bit Then Nailed It Again And The Lakewoods Proved They Are Worth Their Money. The Back Squatted And We Was Gone. The SRT-4's Time Was 14.66 @ 102 Miles Per Hour. It Was Close But, Close Only Counts In Horseshoes And Handgrenades. It Took The Sting Out Of The Hemi Eating My Lunch In An Earlier Run. I Recently Installed A Tunnel Ram And It Seems To Be Giving Me More Torque Than The Dual Plane High Rise. I'm Still Running The Stock Rearend And Street Tires Tho. Trying To Save Up For A Spool And Slicks. I Believe My Times Will Improve Considerably. Will Be Posting Some Vids Of The Runs. In The Mean Time Here's A Photo Of My Lunch. Drag Racing Rules. Sick ..... http://cleanandsober.741.com/images/...ikeChicken.jpg

Old 05-20-2006, 05:06 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: SRT-4 's Taste Like Chicken 8-)

Nice run, just wait till you get some slicks man, youll kick some real *** then, lol hey i just looked at the picture of that SRT-4 what a fake a$$ it looks like a SXT with srt4 badging, no hood scoop or spoiler, i think the SRT-4's are stock at around 13.5 or something so im pretty sure that dude is a fake.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

Thanks And Nope ... Didn't Have A Spoiler But, You Can't Tell By The Photo It Had Some Sort Of Hood Induction. What Ever It Was It Turned Pretty Good Times To Be A Four Banger. I Felt Lost In The Past, I Didn't Even Know What A SRT-4 Was Till I Looked It Up On The Internet This Morning. Well Never The Less He Was A Tasty Snack. I'm Looking Into An Electric Water Pump And I'm Gonna Do Away With My Belt And Pulleys. This Throwing Belts And Running Hot Crap Is For The Birds. Sick

Old 05-22-2006, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member

To you my SRT would taste like a combo of race gas and burnt rubber, as that's all you would smell from WAY behind me.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:39 PM
3rd Gear Member

People That Really Got It Don't Have To Brag Nor Defend Themselves. You Really Got A Yugo Don't Ya? Sick

Old 05-22-2006, 08:29 PM
2nd Gear member

is it embaressing doing your burnouts with the front wheels? i know ide be.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:40 PM
3rd Gear Member

LMAO

Old 05-23-2006, 05:58 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: 94Z28SHAKER

Nice run, just wait till you get some slicks man, youll kick some real *** then, lol hey i just looked at the picture of that SRT-4 what a fake a$$ it looks like a SXT with srt4 badging, no hood scoop or spoiler, i think the SRT-4's are stock at around 13.5 or something so im pretty sure that dude is a fake.
mid 14's

Old 05-24-2006, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

FWD burnouts are gay, I agree. That's why I also own another car that would eat your lunch that's RWD. I will include my sig pic this time. It's what a real car looks like. The SRT is my sleeper car. And if you don't believe it, PM 89/383stroker from this forum, it ate his car like it was standing still.

Old 05-24-2006, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

And with a good driver, stock SRT's can hit 13's. Launching a FWD perfomance car isn't easy, however, that's why you see some horrible 1/4 mile times out of SRT's. Any moron can launch a Mustang/Camaro 1/2 way decent. I give props to anyone who can launch an SRT well, it takes actual skill. And the more HP you add, the harder it becomes. I can't launch mine all that well, but with 430ish to the wheels, it doesn't take me long to catch up!