VS Cars going head to head!

Raced a taurus SHO

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Banned
Default RE: Raced a taurus SHO

That makes sense big nic, however the [ORIGONAL] mini cooper won the monte carlo rally against all the worlds fastest cars in 66, 67 and 68, had front wheel drive and a top speed of 125mph and even beat the american v8's

Old 09-13-2008, 11:46 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

yes however in 1967 if you were making 155 horse power you were doing well and thats on a road corse with turns bends and all manner of other thing it wasnt traction that won that race it was a execellently tuned suspention.... in a drag race it would have been toast.... and seeing as you were "at wot for 14 seconds..." i doubt you were road racing.....

Old 09-13-2008, 11:52 PM
DeZ
1st Gear Member

thats enough time to run through 3 gears, maybe 4. maybe she thought she was racing? i wouldnt of had admit of a egg whipping my hiney. i would of atleast lied.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:41 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: DeZ

you just come from a ricer convention? how is a fwd faster? fastest fwd i can think of would be eclipse gt. but then again their slow as *****, decent top end it about all they got.
OK i was trying to be a nicer more friendly CBR but since every one else is bashing a new member its time for me to get mine in. If the Eclipse GT is the fastest FWD you can think of then you know just aobut as much about cars as tammy. What about the Mazda speed, the V6 accords, etc.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: tammy

Then why do they make FWD cars and prove the safety on snow, have you ever accelerated away on a front wheel drive power house
rwd cars get better traction. fwd isnt made for traction, its made for control WHEN traction is lost. When a rwd car loses traction the wheels are pushing the car, and it is very possible for the wheels to push past the car resultin in a spin.

when fwd cars lose traction the wheels are already in front pulling. any forces exerted cannot turn the car around. rather, the car just follows the wheels. this makes fwd cars easier to control in bad weather, but this has nothing to do with the level of traction.

when a car launches, it rocks backward. you can see this with just about anything you do, push or pull anything with wheels and the front will come up some. this is called weight transfer, and it is ALWAYS opposite the direction of travel. since the weight rocks backwards, more force is always put on the rear tires, which is why rwd cars can launch better, all other factors being equal

Old 09-14-2008, 09:05 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Tammy:

There was a lot of good info put out here you, can do two things. Listen and learn or just blow it off. High Power FWD cars have huge traction issues. As stated before the Cobalt SS is a perfect example of that. Some FWD cars may do ok in teh snow due to heavy side of the car resting on the front tires vs the rear. This allows the car to dig deeper into the snow and allows for better traction. Thats also why guys with rear wheel drive truck or cars load up there trunks in the winter with sand bangs or blocks. A rear wheel driver car is placing all of its power behind the car pushing it forward vs trying to grab and pull the car. AWD cars have there draw backs two. First of all you have to add the extra cost of AWD to the car, second you are making the car a lot heaver when doing this, AWD also changes how the car handles a great deal. In the end AWD, FWD, RWD all have there place to say one is better then another as a hole is not a good argument to try and make as each has there own place and pro's and con's.

For the race no you should have not lost to a stock SHO. But you can take this a learn from it. Get your self some wheel time and maybe a good tune up and get back out there . It takes time to learn, Fill free to ask quesions and for help as you need it.

TO ALL MEMBERS MAYBE I AM STEPING OUT OF LINE BUT I WILL REMIND YOU BASHING IS A BANABLE OFFENSE [:@]

Old 09-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Banned

Thankyou cb, that all makes sense, i have some pics coming up in a few minutes,

Old 09-14-2008, 10:44 AM
3rd Gear Member

My brother has a SHO with the yamaha V8 it really dosnt run all that bad its not a snail by any means. It does have the weight of a v8 hanging over the wheels which seems to give it good traction I think is has some sort of traction controll also. The LT1 should take it down with not to much of a problem though(we also have a LT1 vette). One thing that is not known about the SHO is if it is stock if it isnt then compairing numbers out of the comic books isnt going to provide good data. FWD traction vrs RWD traction is two different animals I think why it was brought about is more of a cost factor that anything else. The SHO does get good traction off the line because of the weight and the V8 seems to make its power up high. I am not a fan of the sho it has a buch of problems to deal with camshafts need to be pinned the traction control is goofy among other stuff.. but fore a 4 door it is capabile of surprising a few.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Banned

I agree

Old 09-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned

Told you i'd send one

Quick Reply: Raced a taurus SHO