VS Cars going head to head!

Officialy Done Street Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 06:39 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Officialy Done Street Racing

As of last Saturday night, I am done street racing. Although street racing is fun and exciting it is an illegal activity and a very dangerous one at that. I've had fun street racing but I think I can get the same adrenaline rush at the track without the anxiety of worrying about the police. Also I cannot afford to mess up my career as a police officer if I get caught. It's not worth getting in trouble or endagering other peoples lives. I had fun doing it but I think it's time for me to grow up at take it to the track and leave it at the track. With current laws and harsher penalties for street racing it's really hard to get by with it like you could in the 60's and 70's when the true muscle cars were built. To everyone who is reading this that street races I hope you are carefull and don't get caught. As for me I feel its time for me to mature and move on. As I said be safe and have common sense. Don't drive like a ricer and don't race when there's ten billion people around. If anything take it to a stretch in BFE and run your car without having bystanders. My little incident Sat. night was enough stress for me to make me realize street racing is just stupid and I believe I would learn more about the sport at a local strip. I will quit rambling and boring you with this post now, while you're wondering why in the hell is he posting this? Ha

Old 08-31-2007, 06:51 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: Officialy Done Street Racing

Good Advice. After my big one 4 years ago. I had the same fillings. Mine was up in rockbridge VA my second ticket ever. The judge didnt care nore should he have i messed up and i had to pay up for it, 6 mounths with out my license, 60 days in jail and 1500 bucks.[>:]

Old 08-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Droid

You will find that racing on a strip is even more fun than on the street, and it can be very competitive. There are no excuses orarguments on who won or lost, or who got a jump, and all that other BS that has nothing to do with racing. Most people there are willing to help to get your car sorted out if you are having problems.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:31 AM
2nd Gear member

yeah, but if a punk in a buzzer pulls up next to ya, at least tep it an scare him back into his place

Old 08-31-2007, 01:10 PM
4th Gear Member

so you guys care to share what happened????????

Old 08-31-2007, 03:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow Cbr that would be enough to make me quit all together too. I'm glad I got lucky and didn't get all of that. And I'm glad to hear that thestrip is alot more competitive. I don't need the stress of getting into trouble anymore. And to riceeater I'll prolly just give him a lil rev and let him take off and look like an idiot.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:07 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

112 in a 55. state cop got me on my way up to HIN 4 years ago. didnt get the other 2 cars just me.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:25 AM
2nd Gear member

just have to not be stupid about the whole thing. don't race downtown, when there are 50 thousand different things that could happen. take it out in the country, or on the interstate at certain times of the night. and know when to back off, you don't have to do 120 in a 55 to show the ricer you smoked them.