VS Cars going head to head!

mustang kill

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 AM
1st Gear Member
Location: IN, or hell whichever, wait, its too cold to be hell
Default mustang kill

not long after I put the new motor in my car (500 miles on it maybe?) I pulled up to an intersection in the right hand turn lane. I was checking my mirrors and I noticed in my rear view and saw a 95 style mustang (I dont know what years this body style ran, could have been newer) behind me. I had no intention of racing them but as I turned and continued down the road. I heard his engine winding and looked in my sideview mirror and saw he was trying to pass me, ricer style. I decided it was time to see what my new 350 could do. I slammed the pedal down when he was at my rear tire and surged forward. By the time he lined his back tire with my front I was gaining on him and quickly passing. I was three car lengths ahead and coming to a hill that I couldnt see over (worried that there may be traffic on the other side) When I hit the brakes and slowed down. after I slowed and crossed the top of the the mustang darted past me whipping through traffic (it was there) running away like a scared little pony.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
2nd Gear member

good kill...chevy powa!!! lol

Old 04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Was it a GT?

Old 04-02-2009, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Not sure if it was a GT or not. To be honest it couldnt have had much power to take it so easily. I have beaten the 5.0's and 5.8's before. but those stories arent as interesting. I just have a mildly modded 350 in my car right now and a shift kit but I am looking at getting a donor 350 and turning it into a 383 stroker. About two weeks after that I got spanked by an 03 cobra. he had some serious mods under the hood. I dont think I would have beat him if he were stock either. Those Cobras are mean.

Last night when I was coming home from jogging a riced out 5.0 (huge racing spoiler and a body kit) pulled beside me and started revving. It was late with noone on the road so I decided go ahead and try him. I thought for sure he would pull away from me. we were at a stoplight and the street we were on merged in a little less that a 1/4 mile. So the light changed and we both gunned it. Surprisingly I beat him by a little more than half a car length.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:53 PM
VIP member

im sorry that doesnt even sound like a race. the mustang started off at a position behind you wtf?

Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by camaro_burns_all
im sorry that doesnt even sound like a race. the mustang started off at a position behind you wtf?
the first one tried a ricer pass and was ahead of me at one time. He was a young kid and you could definitely hear the engine laboring that is what drew my attention. I gunned it when his front tire was at my back wheel and by the time I caught his speed he was ahead. he was definitely racing because my speedo was buried before I even started gaining ground. If you ask me that is a much harder race since he was already full bore before me. Which is why I said in my second post that he couldnt have had much under the hood. also forgot to say we were in two lanes. it was a divided four lane highway.

the second was side by side.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:41 AM
2nd Gear member

thats a great way to break a engine in,it should last a long time.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 73camaroSS
thats a great way to break a engine in,it should last a long time.

Sarcasm meter is off the scale! I do agree though, it's not a great way to treat a new engine. I doubt running it hard one time after 500 miles is hardly going to hurt it. Unless of course you spin a bearing or some other immediate damage. I had the full intention of breaking it in properly but I was a little too anxious to see the difference the new motor was going to make over the 305 I had. It's a year later and about 10,000 miles and I havent seen any negative side effects yet.