VS Cars going head to head!

Me vs. zl1

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 08:54 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Me vs. zl1

Anyone know what the zl1's run on average? I think I can get a race with a zl1, and have seen them run. Mine is a 78. I know one was running 8.0-8.2(1/8) couple weekends ago. Of course I will get it videoed. What do you guys think it will take, I'm thinking I can pull off with just slicks. If I do there will be something riding on it just not sure what yet. I'm about 1.2 (1/8) sec quicker than '13 ss with street tires now and run 92-93 on pump gas 95-97 on vp110. Prob be a min of $500 to put up for best 2 out of 3.
Edit.
Never mind wants to do a roll, I race at strip. Can't delete or figure out how. Anyone know of abandoned air strip lol, put some 32" slicks cause I'd spin at 30 on 25" street tires arrg. (and 7" would give mph enough to run 1/2-3/4 mile. actually easier from dig to hook bc of low stall. I am going to just put 3k stall maybe an extra spacer under carb and try my luck at Bristol next year usually fast cars there. You can delete or leave up for bsing, but I don't street race, though I do drive it about 100 miles a week and play around...

Last edited by Flextrainer; 11-05-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Racing from a roll is lame, good for you for not wanting to be part of that!

Old 11-05-2013, 01:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks, good to know others got my back on that. He said the same about 1/8, and while i dont necessarily disagree it's all we got around here and he knows they are almost all closed for year. He said if I would do 1/4 he'd go for that. I know he's thinking that I'm set up for 1/8 and will run out of gear or not be able to make 220+ mile round trip to Bristol. What he don't know is I just made a 500+ mile trip and ran 7.50's on street tires or that I only use 1st & 2nd in 1/8. Prob dont know im n/a as people argue with me until i pop hood. it's bc i dont floor it till 2nd and they think thats when im hitting it. I'm just gonna sit back and let him dig his own hole for now bc I got slicks, suspension and stall coming this winter. Should get me close if not 6's as she's waaaay overpowered now. Had to put extra half tank of gas and a 50 lb toolbox in trunk to get my 1.7 60' on my 7.59 pass pedaling it. That's a big sign as weight equals slower run, but I picked up .1 I think he's just scared now is what it really boils down to or he knows I'm a better driver. either way one day one will pull up... His excuse "I will spin too bad" doesn't fly with me as I have ran street tires all year. Drive it then is my response bc that's what I do....