VS Cars going head to head!

LS1 SS vs. 05 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default LS1 SS vs. 05 GTO

So before I get into my kill story I feel a little bit of a re-introduction is due. I have been a long time member but not much of a poster so I am sure all of you don't remember me. Well anyways I plan on becoming more active in posting and not just a lurker. I hope I can learn from you just as I hope you all can learn from me....so onto the kill story.

My car: 2002 SS T-56
mods: full exhaust, SLP lid, 3.90 gear ratio, tsp 224R 112 cam w/ all supporting goodies, 25% UDP and then full UMI rear suspension also 100 dry shot of nitrous and tune. Makes 407/402 on motor 502/526 100 shot.

Friends Car: 2005 GTO MN12
mods: full exhaust, CAI, tsp MS3 cam w/ all the goodies, and tune. Made 430/? on torque.

Here's a little back story when myself and my friends car were boltons only we raced from a 30 roll to 120 and I lost 2 times in a row by 1/2 car. I modded up and installed the cam and tune then my friend said "why such a small cam that ain't gonna help you beat me." I said we will see and I might surprise you. He then added the MS3 cam to his car. We decided to do the same roll from before and needless to say my lil "baby" cam outperformed his huge "donkey dong" cam. I won 2 times in a row by a fender I was very surprised to be honest. But it goes to show you that if you have a well thought out combo you can be very deadly. Big cams aren't everything which I tried to tell him but its even better I got to show him.

P.S. I DIDN'T ever spray the nitrous these were all motor runs only.

Sorry guys for the long post but hopefully it will be an easy read and you guys will enjoy it. Share thoughts and comments.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:49 AM
3rd Gear Member

nice one dude, me and my pal have little races too, he has GTO(monaro) and depending on mods we only beat each other bay half a car or so each time. Mines A4 he has M6

Old 02-17-2011, 08:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice man its always nice to have a friend who's up for close runs. I saw your mods and I don't doubt that you win but if you want to surprise the heck out of him put a 3600 stall and some 3.73's in your car. It will be like a totally different car.