VS Cars going head to head!

Lotus Esprit

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 01:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Lotus Esprit

On my way to my uncles house for the 4th of July I was cruising down the interstate at about 65, no rush in mind. Suddenly, when I looked in my rear view, I noticed an awesome looking red car with pop up lights. I thought it was a Ferrari at first, but when he got next to me I figured it out.

So were cruising side by side on the interstate when I realize that this guy wants to race. I recognized him. He's an older man grey hair and all and the thing is, I know him because he lives across the street from my uncle, hah!

I made the first move and honked once and he got the message and then I honked two more times and downshifted. I pulled on him at first, but then I heard the ziiiiip sound of turbos. Aftermarket ones at that, had to be. In an instant the guy began to pull on me and was ahead until we hit 120. I slowed down in time to hit my exit. I saw him later that night when I was leaving my uncle's house and he gave me a nod from his drive way.

Awesome car. Good race too.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:20 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Lotus Esprit

if it was the boxy looking one than its the older turbo 4 cylinder, rounder ones are twin turbo v8's

Old 07-06-2008, 06:08 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Lotus Esprit

It was the turbo V8