VS Cars going head to head!

Looks can be deceiving.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Default Looks can be deceiving.

So I pull up at a light on a three lane street, its 11:30 at night, I'm tired, and I just want to get home. An SVT focus pulls up next to me and revs his engine. I look at him and I say to myself "ehh I'm going that way anyway, and I just want to get there quicker so I'll show him what some muscle can do." When the light turns green thats all he hears are the tires squeeling and a red blur take off, I beat him to the next light by about two car lengths, but while the race was going on a black beater pulled on to the road in the lane next to me (this was the right lane I was in the middle lane and the SVT focus was in the left lane.) I didn't think any thing of the beater when it pulled on to the street I just thought it was some poor sap trying to get home. So we pass that light that we stopped at and at the next light we are about to stop and the light turns green and from a rolling start the focus takes off again, at about this time I was getting sick of toying with this vaginal discharge so I slam on the gas and totally blow his doors off this time I have a commanding lead of about 5-6 car lengths. I let off the gas at around 95 miles an hour, WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I HEAR ON THE RIGHT OF ME A RICE BURNER WITH ALL 4 CYLINDERS SCREAMING AND TURBO PURGES COME UP ON THE RIGHT OF ME. My heart dropped to the floor and rolled under the dash I thought to myself "I couldn't let this rice burner (and a beater at that) beat all 8 of these cylinders." So I slam my foot to the floor boards as the cops slammed their feet into Rodney Kings head. Now we are going about 110 looking eye to eye. We were neck and neck for about 2-3 seconds (which feels like a lifetime at 110) and then my car starts to pull away and I beat him by about a car length. That was the best race I've had in my car. That beater gave me a run for my money. The focus on the other hand made a left and took his happy *** home for the night. Although I won that race I give that beater mad props.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:36 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Looks can be deceiving.

sounds awesome, and looks can be deceiving. For a great exsaple theres alot of beater grand natinals out there that will run in the 10s & 11s.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Default RE: Looks can be deceiving.

I just picked this car up two months ago from a guy who kept it in an air conditioned leased garage for its entire life. He just took it out for maintenance purposes. Since I've bought it i've raced 7 times from an SVT focus, SVT lightning, firebirds, and the only thing that beat me was a 2007 R/T Charger. He didn't win by much but a win is a win. Not that I'm making excuses but we were at a rolling start and my RPM's were very low ( and with a automatic you can't really do anything about it.) I would have had a better chance if we were at a dead stop thats really where the 350 shines. Between all the upgrades I've made (little over 300 HP and 400 ft/lbs) and my $800 tires that just grip and rip off the line my car is a beast. That would have been a little more interesting. I also pulled up next to a 2007 Saleen and well lets just say that didn't go well for me. I pulled up at the next light, gave him a thumbs up, stuck my tail between my legs and drove home after that race.