Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: I got really lucky...

ORIGINAL: 98RCMARO

ORIGINAL: 02StanGT

Kids...
LOL so lets hear your story!
I think I was 17 at the time, back when I had my 1st '97 RS. Me and a couple people decided to do a little racing on this back road, of which had maybe one or two houses on it. Someone who had a v6 Silverado wanted to race me... Not sure why. We line them up, I end up winning. Anyways after the race everyone was supposed to meet at Whataburger. I go to the gas station real quick and then to Whataburger. Well, no one has showed up yet. I wait and wait, then decide screw this, I'll go find them. I drove back to where we were racing to see if they stayed, nope not there. Turn around and head back, then the flashing lights come on. Well, crap. [&:]Cop asked if I had been racing. "No, why?" "Well we had gotten a report of some kids racing on this street. Right before we pulled you over, we had seen a Corvette driving around, and then we saw you." "Well sir I can't afford to be racing around. My tranny just got rebuilt, my brakes are shot, and I don't want to risk breaking something." He believed me and let me go. Never did that again. Though some time before or after that incident, I was on my way home minding my own business. Three cops are on the road going in the opposite direction from me. As soon as I pass by, all three pull a u-turn, and follow me into my neighborhood. I pull in the driveway, and they all drive by. About a minute later here they come again. Never stopped or anything, wasn't sure what they were doing.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Wow, I've been trailed by a few cops.... theynever pull me over, they just pull in and out of my lane... i guess they just want me to mess up somehow to have an actual reason to pull me over.... on a completely different note.... i was comin home from the bank... i pull up to a light and go.... this older gentleman next to me had a minivan of some sort and decided to mess around with me.... he actually gave his minivan gas.... well not alot but enough to catch up to me... so i give a little more and he gives a little more.... i'm laughin and he is laughin, then he lets go of the gas and gives me a [sm=smiley20.gif]... funniest thing that's ever happened to me while drivin....

Old 03-29-2008, 12:00 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Some cops are strange. I used to have a corolla, which I put a glass pack in. That thing made some racket. I had a cop tailgate me for who knows how far. lol. Oh, and I saw a guy do a burnout out of the school parking lot in his pickup, in front of a cop! I was on HWY 30 in the corolla one day, and some fancy new V dub wanted to race. At the light, we revved up, the light turned green, and he took off. I didn't move. Why? Well, there was a cop near by. He got pulled over, I idled by him. lol. good times.......

Old 03-29-2008, 12:19 AM
In the Staging Lanes

hahaha... silly v dub.... racings' for real cars.... hahaha

Old 04-01-2008, 10:32 PM
2nd Gear member

me and this other guy were raceing our trucks and we were driveing arond some corners in town and i was drifting my long bed 79 chevy pickup, im telling you trucks are the best thing to drift around corners, but back to the story we did one last drift before going back to school, and some lady was in her front yard and called the cops we were in class about 20mins before some notes came to us in class and wanted us to come to the office the other guy went first and spilled all the beans and i got a week of detention but no ticket thank god. but now i do all the fun stuff out of town it only takes one mistake to f it all up. but i sold my truck and fixed up my 73 camaro now i have a toy that will goes twice as fast as my truck and will burn them tires with out trying. BUt i miss the hell out of my truck