VS Cars going head to head!

I got really lucky...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 11:58 PM
2nd Gear member
Default I got really lucky...

Well tonight I went and worked out with a few buddies of mine, drove my car and they rode in a f150 XLT Triton 04 model I think.
He's been taunting me about my sixxer for a few weeks now, saying his truck can take anything I can dish out. I've rode with him and the thing is suprisingly quick.
Anyway, on the way home were cruising at about 50, he revs, three honks and we go. He pulls me at first by about a 1/4 of a car and I'm slowing gaining at about 70, shut down at 85.
Next pull is at 30, suprisingly I instantly pull a half a length and pull to 3 lengths at 70 when we shut down.
Next I allow him a hit at 45, dead even to about 80.

Time for a dig.

Pull onto a normally desolate street near my house (I know, I'm dumb)
We line up, my passenger jumps out to flag us.
Torque brake!!!! GO!
Neither of us hook up for **** on this terrible road, theres a ton of screetching. Finally we both get traction at about 20 and I pull him harder than ever, about 2 lengths ahead.

Half way down the road theres some guy outside working on his truck, screaming "HAY HAY HAY! SLOW THE F*** DOWN!"
I'm panicking that he's somehow going to remember my car, I pull ahead of the f150 into his lane so he won't see me lol.
We split at the end of the street, I take an alley way and stop where it lets out on an adjacent road.
Crown Vic Interceptor rolls slowly by with a search light.

OMG I swear I almost died from lack of blood flow.

As soon as he passes I high-tail it back to my house, throw the car into the garage and realize...
OH FRICK! (Not really, lol) MY BUDDY THAT FLAGGED US IS STILL NEAR THAT GUY WHO PROBABLY CALLED THE COPS!
I tear my phone out, call him yell at him to sprint the 2 miles to my house lol.

Very luckily none of us were caught.
Moral of the story: Don't be a dumbass, keep this crap somewhere that is positively safe. I'm not saying drag strip since there are times where it is impossible to get to, but just try to be safe, lol.

Anyway, yeah.
I'm still kinda hyper-freaking-out.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:13 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: I got really lucky...

hahaha.... i've had that feeling... when ur skin goes cold, heart is beatin faster than ur car will ever go... lol... it happened to me when i barely got my car... i decided to see how fast itcould go, so i took it to this residential area, took a turn onto the street i was lookin for and floored it...a little screechin, not so much, but enough to be heard,by the time i got to the end of the block... i could see then cop makin the same turn... so what did i do....I Got the heck out of there, thats what... lol... called my ex girl, and practically begged her to let me park in her garage... since it was the closest place knew.... i was to freaked, i had to spend the night...lol... lesson learned... haha

Old 03-27-2008, 12:16 AM
2nd Gear member

Haha, my garage isn't normally where I park unfortunately.
Lucky enough my dad wasen't home yet lol.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:20 AM
In the Staging Lanes

i feel that... i don't have a garage either, but luckily my ex don't hate me...lol... i usually have my sister park her car as close to the front of my housevisibily possible, so when i get home, ijust move her's and park mine in that spot...

Old 03-27-2008, 02:17 PM
2nd Gear member

i had something like that today. i was driving my piece a crap winter beater to my friends house and at the top of the road i whip up the e brake put it in 1st give it gas and turn around perfectly. i was soooo proud. it went just the way i wanted it to. my friend looks at me and says "that guy over there is gonna call the cops on you. he always does." im like crap..... well i guess we just wait for him to show up. a half hour later he pulls up when im getting something out of my car. im 17 and i had kodiak in my mouth.[sm=bustedsign.gif]i spat it out and walked over to him with a little left in my mouth that i had to swallow so i could talk. ewwwwww. almost threw up. i told me i couldnt park where my car was. and left. i was s***ing twinkies by then. im on a short leash kinda so i gotta watch what i do. im on a years good behavior for now.....

Old 03-27-2008, 05:29 PM
1st Gear Member

that happed to me too but not even close to as bad. me and a guy from school in a 01 mustang gt were runnin around town and we were going down this 2 lane street which is a 25 speed limit at like 70 pulling in the other lanes then sombody yelled at us and i just got out of their and went home

Old 03-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Overdrive Member

Kids...

Old 03-27-2008, 09:27 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: 02StanGT

Kids...
LOL so lets hear your story!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:41 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

if you have acess to a casinio go now!!!! that is lucky as bubblegum....

this edit brought to you be me yes me!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:37 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: BigNic

if you have acess to a casinio go now!!!! that is lucky as bubblegum....

this edit brought to you be me yes me!!!
Lol so do you consider bubblegum lucky or something?
But I'm underage [8D]

Quick Reply: I got really lucky...