Gtp

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009 | 07:17 PM
|
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default Gtp

So- ran a GTP last night on the way home from work. Roads were clear, happened to come along at my favourite racing spot, so I had some fun~

Easy enough- I was running down the freeway at 110 km/h, and this guy was either pacing me or just driving as fast as I was, two lanes over. I dunno. We hit the light immediately before it turns into an actual highway, and I change over next to him. The light going the other way turns red, and I'm holding the brake with my left foot, and I'm holding the rpms at 2k, right before the turbo spools up.

Our light turns green and I floor it- I took a lead right off the bat, 'cause I don't think he was really serious at that point. Anyway, he does end up hitting the gas and pulling me, but we hit the s-curve and he had to slow down, where I took a gamble and powered through it at 170 km/h. It was a near shot there- I had to really fight to keep my car in the lane. But we made it through and I stomped the gas again, ended up bringing the Talon right up to 200 km/h, which is faster than I thought it could go, and buddy was hanging back behind me, dunno if he'd given up or what. I slacked off and coasted back to highway speed and changed lanes so he'd come up beside me- gave him a thumbs up as he passed, although he was going about 140 to my 100, so I didn't see if he returned it.

*shrugs* Was kinda fun~

Old 01-29-2009 | 07:44 PM
VIP member

good kill
170km/ = 105mph, that was very dangerous near the S-curve

Old 01-29-2009 | 08:38 PM
2nd Gear member

haha. i waxed some riced out accord last night. had a fart can exhaust and a flip out dvd moniter and other miscellaneous ricer goodies. i had him by at least 2 lengths at about 60 mph and then i just let off. he wouldnt even pull up next to me after that

Old 01-29-2009 | 09:15 PM
|
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by camaro_burns_all
good kill
170km/ = 105mph, that was very dangerous near the S-curve
I know- I've taken that curve many times, although never that fast, it was a definite learning experience~

And it's not exactly an S-curve... Here. Satellite image, make it easier for all of us

The first part of the curve I took at 170, the second I let off a bit. After that I floored it again and that's where I took it up to 200.

Name:  untitled2.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  215.2 KB

Old 01-29-2009 | 10:45 PM
VIP member

yea thats not that bad.

i thought it was really S-curves that you see in car commercials on the top of the mountain side roads.

Old 01-29-2009 | 10:50 PM
Overdrive Member

Coming from a mountainous state (real mountains, not those Appalachian hills...), if you're taking legit S-curves at 105 mph you'd better be in an F1 car...

Back on topic: Sounds like you had a pretty fun time, just be careful at those speeds. I'm not going to rag on you for a little stoplight fun, but you go going pretty fast there, and if anything goes wrong the excrement can hit the air-conditioning pretty fast.

Old 01-29-2009 | 11:55 PM
|
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I know, lol. There is a lot of visibility in that area- at one point there is an overpass that blocks some, but for the most part you can see forever ahead of you, and there isn't really any wildlife or anything, so the only thing you have to worry about is other traffic. I'm on that road at least three times a week so it is familiar to me. Still, I'm usually pretty careful, and honestly that marks... maybe the 3rd time I've ever gone that fast before.

Old 01-30-2009 | 12:38 AM
Ninja Administrator

nice kill. i know a few GTP's that can really scoot

Old 01-30-2009 | 03:11 AM
4th Gear Member

kmh makes everything sound amazingly fast... lol 200kmh sounds fast.. probably because Im used to Mph. But yeah, when you said S-curves i was picturing a real twisty. Not a slight curve in the road.

Old 01-30-2009 | 06:31 AM
|
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yeah it seemed curvier than it actually was, lol. Ho well~

We've used kilometers since before I was born- miles sound so slow :v