VS Cars going head to head!

first kill...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 03:39 PM
2nd Gear member
Default first kill...

Wasn't even with the Camaro. :P

It was pretty frickin' hilarious, actually.

So I'm driving to a friends house in my moms mountaineer (2002, v8, awd),on the highway. I pull up to a red light, and on my left pulls up an older f350...furniture truck...it's this custom deal for some furniture place. Anyway, the guys start revving it, and I'm like...'seriously? This is gonna be really funny'. So I'm watching the light, listening to him rev, when I think to myself 'wait, maybe he isn't really revving at me. I better see if he's gonna make a move'. So when the light turns green, I don't do anything, and what do I hear? *VRRRRRRROOOOOOOMMMM!!* He punches it, and gets his back endto my door. So I'm like, 'okay, let's see what I can do with half throttle'. Iget 'er revvin' to around 3500, and that's enough to put about two lengths on him at 55. I bet if a cop had seen us, he'd of thought the truck was having issues, and I was just an aggressive driver. It was pathetic.

Highlights:
I'm driving my moms '02 mountaineer (v8 awd)
A custom madefurniture truck tries to race me.
I essentially give him a head start, and pull two lengths by 55.
It was pathetic.

Those f350s already weigh in around 4800 pounds. I'd bet with all the crap added on it, and potential furniture, it was near 6000 pounds. I had quite the advantage. :P

Old 10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
BackseatBob
Default RE: first kill...

What kind of an idiot races in a truck that's loaded with furniture? I got challenged by an '80's Suburban who was pulling a trailer, I didn't even bother with him....

Old 10-27-2008, 07:48 PM
2nd Gear member

I know. :P I'm sure he knew he wasn't actually gonna stand a chance, he had this look on his face like he does this at every stoplight, just for ****s and giggles. haha

Old 10-27-2008, 09:35 PM
2nd Gear member

Wow. He probably has a moped at home he races too

Old 10-27-2008, 10:25 PM
2nd Gear member

4800? Try 8000 plus lbs..lol. even worse...

Old 10-27-2008, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: armynatguard18

HELL YEAH. i bet he drives around town all daylooking for lambos and ferraris to race on his moped lol.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:58 PM
2nd Gear member

gutted cat+moped=torn space-time continuum. Or something.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RS96LSU

ORIGINAL: armynatguard18

HELL YEAH. i bet he drives around town all daylooking for lambos and ferraris to race on his moped lol.
speaking of ferraris, i saw a mercilago going down the road yesterday, first one i've actually ever seen driving around my area. Was going opposite way though, so only saw it for a few seconds.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:02 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

lol, back when my uncle jim was alive, he bought brand new ford trucks (back in the late 70's, 80's), and dropped in 454's that he built. Now, these were construction trucks, with the big steel boxes on the sides, dually of course. He got pulled over by a cop once doing about 100+ up a friggin steep hill pulling a boat with one of these trucks. Also, there is this sand dune near the dalls that guys with jeeps used to try and climb back in the day. It's next to the highway. Jim was driving by, and saw all these jeeps trying to climb the dune. So he went over with his truck, locked the hubs, and proceeded to climb to the top of the hill, while blowing sand all over the highway. lol, I wish I would've known him better, he spent money how it should be spent. He bought a tank once, and was going to get it running, and drive it around town, chevy engine of course (had no motor in it). Oh, and then there's "Sleepy" and truck that he built. It was originally a long bed ford, but he chopped a section out betwean the wheels and cab, 454 of course, and raced everything he could find. It had a huge nitrous system on it. From what dad told me, it was really funny to see because there were always these big block vettes and camaro's with open headers and big tires getting out run by this big blue ford truck with street tires and mufflers[8D]

Long story short, big trucks can be surprising.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Ninja Administrator

my old boss had the chevy with the 8.something vortech motor in it. swore he had a chip that was set to raise the governor @ 160mph. and that he would walk an ls1 vette.

dumbass

Quick Reply: first kill...