VS Cars going head to head!

Fear and Awe

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 05:09 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Fear and Awe

Is there any car that when your driving around town and you see it pulling up beside you or your sitting at a red light praying.. "please don't race me, please don't race me."

Last year when I had my 97 RS with x pipe exhaust and intake, I had pulled up to a red light. I live in a small canadian city, about 50,000 people.. and right beside me pulls up a 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo. I started praying.

Well I had the windows down and I thought I'd compliment him on his car, and he was nice enough to give me one back.. and then he revs his engine and says lets see what they got... Woo. Can't wait.

The light turns green, we take off.. I think I touched the gas before he was at the next light.. but it was hard to tell.

That same year, a car dealership owner (or his son, maybe?) who had a MKIV Supra pulled up beside me.. well I thought it might have been stock and so I woulda still got beat but not as bad. Wow. After he absolutely blew me outta the water, he pulled over and said it was a 600 horsepower supra. Woo. Haha after that I prayed to never pull beside that supra again.

What about you guys? Any super cars or regular cars around your town your not looking forward to riding beside?

Old 04-05-2009, 07:28 PM
2nd Gear member

i see a slightly modded ford gt (intake, exhaust and tune) and a 2002 zo6 a little bit more modded than the ford gt (headers, full exhaust, intake, tune, and gears)....

Old 04-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

yea, there's a guy here with a Red '57 Chevy thats been described as "Violent" when he gases it. I dont know how many cubic inches it is but I know its all aluminum... block and heads and its Blown. Its all street but he has a tough time keeping the front wheels on the ground. He lives on my road about 4 miles down from my house. He doesnt get it out often But I know it when he does. I'm sure we'll run into each other sooner or later.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:26 PM

Actully yesterday i was driving around and i pulled up to a red light as im sitting there ya know minding my own buissness a black 2009 SRT8 challenger pulls up. so just for S's and G's i rev he looks over and gives me this little smirk and then reves his car. at the sound of that horsepower i turned to my friend and said "were done" light turns green. we bith put'em to the floor smoke rolling of the rears. i hit 2nd hard and his rear tire is even with my front. i saw his car buck as he hit third and then we was gone i never even had a chance.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:14 PM
2nd Gear member

Well, to me anything stock, even a Ferrari F40, is not going to be as intimidating as something modified and wicked.

Our Camaro is one of those cars. It is streetable, although not exactly comfortable to drive (locker rear axle, bolted engine mounts, full roll cage, no insulation, etc. , and QTP electric cutouts so we can turn the mufflers back on if the cops show up. We keep it at my son's house and he drives it pretty much now, not me, crusing on nince weekend evenings. It will do low elevens NA and low tens with NOS on street tires and high nines on slicks when abused, so it is both pretty intimidating to look at and can back it up pretty much.

The most intimidating car to me, though and a real sleeper somewhere here in central NC, which I have seen only once, is a faded original white paint mid sixties Chevy II coupe, not even a Nova, with bench seats, shifter on the column (turns out it doesn't work anymore, just there for show), and doggie bowl hubcaps even. Only signs its not stock are the rather wide rear wheels and tires and the dual five inch exhausts. The guy has somehow crammed a Judd V-10 offshore racing engine into it with a trick Powerglide transmission, and once it gets rolling it can kill our Camaro.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Fancy Sparkle

gotta be my friend Dave's '98 SS. i mean, it doesn't sound too impressive at idle, it's only an LSx based 370ci v8. but then he gives that SS a little rev and you hear that MONSTER 106mm turbo up front give a little spool, and you realize you don't want to F with this car. i've ridden in it, Dave pulled up next to Joey's Lambo Murcielago (he's the one who built Dave's SS) at a stop light. when the light went green, i just about **** a brick. if you've never been in a streetcar that can hit 7's on the strip, all i can say is OH MY GOD. this thing is on 14" wide slicks and was forcibly spinning the tires, through second gear. i'll just put it this way, when Dave let off the gas, Joey's Lambo was about 12 cars back. we only went about 1000ft before Dave let off

here's the car

Name:  292246540.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  84.3 KB

Old 04-07-2009, 03:34 PM
2nd Gear member

What the hell? Who has the money for this kind of stuff? lol

Old 04-07-2009, 06:31 PM
2nd Gear member

Generally, you get the money for these things years after you first want them. In my case I waited close to 30 years while I got three kids raised and through college and started college funds for the grandkids, etc., before there just seemed to be money for all the toys I wanted.

There are advantages to being old.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:50 PM

that thing is a monster

Old 04-08-2009, 10:31 AM
2nd Gear member

2 BOV's and 2 wastegates?