VS Cars going head to head!

easy ones

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007 | 11:05 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: easy ones

ORIGINAL: esteinmaier

There's not a doubt it my mind that if we kept on it to 140+, the vette would have just stomped me. The power/weight ratio advantage I have means nothing against wind drag.

Btw, I just took a video of the speedo on the way home from work tonight. Pulling from 35mph to 120mph took 13 seconds according to the little clock in my phone. I'll probably post it tomorrow. I have a cable at work I can transfer it with. You can tell it's a base model neon and not an SRT by the lack of a factory tach and 120mph speedo. (I added a little autometer 2 1/16 to the A pillar next to the boost controller and wideband...)

So the Z28 Camaros have come with both the LT1 and LS1, right? And the LS1 is the higher compression one, and makes more power? I would be willing to bet the one I came across wasn't the faster one. I would have had a lot more trouble with it. Wasn't a V6 either though. I could hear the V8.
the 93-97 Z28s and SSs are LT1s the 98-02 Z28s & SSs are the LS1

Your lucky you raced a Z28 and not an SS or it would have stomped you...

[/sarcaism]

Old 10-12-2007 | 07:06 AM
2nd Gear member

So you're willing to bet that it was an LT1 since the LS1 is faster, but you're admitting to beating a C5 corvette, which has the LS1 in it, plus a more aerodynamic body, with lighter weight...

Old 10-12-2007 | 08:26 AM
1st Gear Member

That's correct. I wouldn't have walked all over the Camaro had that been the case. It would have been a much better race.

Old 10-12-2007 | 08:33 AM
2nd Gear member

We were sitting at a light in the Camaro one night (my son driving) when this incredibe civic pulled up. As riced out as I've ever seen: pop-riveted-on slots, louvers, scoops, air damns and a double spoiler in back, some decals, etc. Three or four jerks yammering at us inside The driver grinned at us and reved his engine -- typical big far-can muffler buzz with some sort of pop off valve sound -- maybe he had a turbo, not that it would have mattered..

I reached over and pushed the button to open the electric cut outs, and the engine idle changed to that heavy, flat tone of open header pipes. Then my son blipped the throttle to 4000 RPM - and it was LOUD!!!!

They didn't even try when the light went green.

Old 10-12-2007 | 08:36 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

We were sitting at a light in the Camaro one night (my son driving) when this incredibe civic pulled up. As riced out as I've ever seen: pop-riveted-on slots, louvers, scoops, air damns and a double spoiler in back, some decals, etc. Three or four jerks yammering at us inside The driver grinned at us and reved his engine -- typical big far-can muffler buzz with some sort of pop off valve sound -- maybe he had a turbo, not that it would have mattered..

I reached over and pushed the button to open the electric cut outs, and the engine idle changed to that heavy, flat tone of open header pipes. Then my son blipped the throttle to 4000 RPM - and it was LOUD!!!!

They didn't even try when the light went green.
Haha.. nice. I would have loved to have been in the car to see their faces.

Old 10-12-2007 | 09:54 AM
2nd Gear member

my car is extremly loud and i cant get any races around here cuz everyone is scared.[:@]

Old 10-12-2007 | 10:29 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 10-12-2007 | 06:15 PM
1st Gear Member

what's the card say at the end?

Old 10-12-2007 | 06:18 PM
2nd Gear member

ill tell ya, thats pretty impressive. my car sure as hell wont do that.

Old 10-12-2007 | 07:03 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SilverBullet5

what's the card say at the end?
Actually, it's not a card. It's me trying to fumble around the phone, the gear shifter, and the steering wheel with only 2 hands. It ended up pointing at the laptop. (The standalone requires one)

Quick Reply: easy ones