VS Cars going head to head!

Eagle's got claws~

Old 09-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default Eagle's got claws~

So, been driving the Talon for nearly a week now. The Camaro's safely covered and parked for now, so~

Anyway, I had myself two races just now. The first was with my cousin- he's got a 2000-something GMC Sierra 2500. He was saying something about 400 horses, but I dunno. Wasn't paying attention when he went on about it :P

So, I lured him into it. Driving down a 2-lane highway (one lane each way), I made a big show of passing him, after which he passed both me and the truck ahead of us. So of course I pass the both of them, and almost immediately after I pull in front of him, he pulls out to pass me again- and I floor it. As near as I could tell he couldn't make it past my bumper- went all the way up to 170 km/h (105 mph) before he gave up and pulled back in behind me.

Later on he was saying something about a governer keeping him from getting above 160 km/h (99 mph).

And so, fast forward to the drive home, and I've been watching an Audi A4 3.0T with a fairly aggressive driver, and as it turns out I end up behind him at the best possible light for drag racing- it's a nice long 3-lane straight-away that splits into an exit and an easy 2-lane S-curve. We're both in the right-most lane that splits into the exit, with me about 3 feet behind him. The light changes, and as soon as I see him moving, I floor it. I figure I'll gain enough ground on the next driver over to change lanes before the turbo spools up.

And I'm right, I change over and almost immediately hit the 2500 rpm boost point. I gain ground to where he's about at the back of my door, both of us gaining speed rapidly. As we approach the S-curve, I've hit about 160 km/h (99 mph), and change into the left-most lane while rounding the first curve. At this point I start to let off the gas, figuring he went down the exit.

Mere moments later I watch him whip out of the exit lane and back onto the road- he pulls up roughly aside me, and I floor it again, coming around the rest of the S-curve and up the hill at the end of it, I've pulled just ahead of him again, at about 180 km/h (112 mph).

We crest the hill and into traffic, I've got just enough time to brake back down to highway speed, while he opts to take the shoulder and pass three cars instead. It was about that time I noticed I was in Economy mode- which means the shift points are lower and the shifts themselves are a bit slower

Old 09-21-2008, 07:40 PM
BackseatBob
Default RE: Eagle's got claws~

[sm=happy046.gif]That's awesome dude.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:28 PM
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Further proof

I took down a 5 liter Fox Mustang off the freakin' line, and lost him in seconds. Big surprise there, given the dinky little 2 liter engine it's got :v It's supposed to be slow until the turbo spools up >.>

And then I got next to this riced Lancer- this one was a bit more interesting, he actually kept pace with me most of the way. In the end I was pulling him 'cause my car could rev higher without shifting. Although I then had to brake 'cause I got ****-blocked by some dumb guy in a truck. :/

Old 09-25-2008, 07:39 AM
2nd Gear member

Hey man, Illl be in edmonton on oct first, PM me. im gunna bring my 95camaro as its finally fixed

Old 09-25-2008, 11:19 AM
BackseatBob

Saint Ebony, you sure that wasn't me blockin ya?

Old 09-25-2008, 04:37 PM
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Well, considering I'm several thousand miles north of you, it probably wasn't :v

Gotta get the brakes done on this thing though, I got about 1mm of pads left. Booked for the 2nd, anyway.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:39 PM
BackseatBob

You're not factoring in that I'm EVERYWHERE! yeah dude get some new brakes on that thing... That would suck big time if you rear-ended someone cuz of bad brakes.