VS Cars going head to head!

DODGE SRT??

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:46 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default DODGE SRT??

I was driveing with my daughter down the freeway and i saw this turbo Srt (i think that's what they are called right?) if front and I had been in the fast lane so eventually I passed him. He caught up to me and got right beside me and started revving his engine and you could cleary hear the turbo. I didn't race because I had my daughter in the car plus the freeway had quite a few cars that day. What do you guys think would have been my chances? I have a 94 Z28 with upgraded heads, cam and valvetrain plus a little tuning.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: DODGE SRT??

You are talking about the SRT4 Neon right, their are a few other SRT cars like the Chargers and 300's, but they are not turbo charged. I think a stock LT1 should takea stock SRT4 but it would be close, and with your mods you should take him easily if he is stock.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I do not really know what would have happened. If you were stock he would have ran off and left you. You are not so my guess is it would be close from a roll. If it is from a dig you would kill it because they are a wheelspin machine. If that thing was modded say something other than CAI and exhaust, like Stage 3 turbo ummm no chance my brother has one staged 3 and he out runs everything from a roll...a dig is a different story.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Overdrive Member

Stock for Stock an SRT4 is a good match for a regular WRX. Stock for Stock an LT1 is a bit faster than a WRX, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if he's stock and you have your upgrades. If he isn't stock...well obviously it all depends on who's done what...

Old 06-15-2007, 12:58 PM

ive raced a dodge srt4 from a 40 roll and completely killed him, i got a 99 z28 with a chip and flowmasters and a hurst shortshifter. i cant tell you about it from a dig because i got the car on the 26th on may and its the first stick i have ever drivin and im still tryin to learn. you should still be able to kill either way you race unless he does got some crazy **** done to it

Old 06-15-2007, 02:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Are you sure that it was an SRT4 and not the Neon that has the body kit the SRT design to look like it. I have an 02 SS with headers, exhaust, and short throwshifter and when my brother was stock in his SRT4 we ran door to door from a 30 kick. Now that he is staged 3 I can't touch him. It is possible you beat him but not likely you killed him. Unless he has the horrible driver mod and you can drive good.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:21 PM
3rd Gear Member

I pretty sure it was the SRT4 cause it had the emblems and the ram air intake on the hood. I clearly heard the turbo spool! He flew by me pretty quick when he knew I wasn't going to race. I wasn't blown away by his fly by but he was quick. There is a WRX turbo that runs around my area from time to time. Maybe I can see what a modded LT1 can do up against a turbo powered car. It will be interesting cause he is fast from a dig!!!

Old 06-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: 95slvrZ28

Stock for Stock an SRT4 is a good match for a regular WRX. Stock for Stock an LT1 is a bit faster than a WRX, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if he's stock and you have your upgrades. If he isn't stock...well obviously it all depends on who's done what...
WRX? [&:][&:] since when did we consider that a contender? a whopping 224 whp and 226 ft lbs in a 3200 lbs car [>:]. A stock lt1 will dominate a stock wrx, and i havent even seen many fast modded ones (sti a different story). When i was in the mustang world, we still didnt worry about the wrx.

an srt4 will pull on a stock lt1 from a roll. an HC lt1, no telling. what cam are you running and what head work do you have done? theres a pretty wide range of possible hp numbers for you.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:05 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

ORIGINAL: 95slvrZ28

WRX? [&:][&:] since when did we consider that a contender? a whopping 224 whp and 226 ft lbs in a 3200 lbs car [>:]. A stock lt1 will dominate a stock wrx, and i havent even seen many fast modded ones (sti a different story). When i was in the mustang world, we still didnt worry about the wrx.

an srt4 will pull on a stock lt1 from a roll. an HC lt1, no telling. what cam are you running and what head work do you have done? theres a pretty wide range of possible hp numbers for you.
haha, I never said it was a contender, but it's a benchmark for the "low" price ricer world. I have some friends who like to say "well i'm faster than a WRX," but they're pretty big here in Colorado because of the snow, so some of them are pretty quick.

As far as the SRT4 pulling from a roll, sure it will, but a roll isn't a race!

Old 06-19-2007, 04:16 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

95slvers right those are all over in colorado but simple fact about the SRT 4 neon itll beat a v6 and get beat by a v8 (like everything else it seems) but SRT 4s have a really bad habbit of blowing up hence why there a bit more rare than say a wrx but SRT its no real compition to a v8 camaro i stayed close to one in my v6

Quick Reply: DODGE SRT??