VS Cars going head to head!

Crazy stories

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:04 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Crazy stories

Anyone here ever heard (or told) a (some) ridiculous story(ies)? (I'm sorry, I was inspired by the whole gutted cat thing)

I have a couple that my cousin told me. Let me preface it by saying that he is 26, has a fourth grade education (not kidding), lives with his grandmother and doesn't even own a vehicle that runs right now. Anyways, the first one has to do with his Golf GTI. Allegedly this thing weighed 800 pounds and one time he blew away a 2000-ish 'Vette and got clocked going 189 MPH. Now I saw this vehicle when he had it. It wasn't anything special. It still had a full interior, full exterior (minus one body panel), some ridiculously large, crappy sound system and nothing powerwise done to it at all except a fart can and NO2. He also said he raced a 'Busa with a swingarm that was 46" over stock that was running 1600HP with a stock rear tire...needless to say of course he beat it with the same vehicle that he beat the 'Vette with. He also claimed that he could do donuts in his "stunt car" (an old, crappy CRX) on the highway going 65 MPH and pull out of them and just keep on going. While he's telling me and my brother (an aerospace engineer) these ridiculous stories we keep looking at each other and then after his stories we discuss such important factors as drag coefficients, power, gearing, traction, etc.

So if you have any crazy stupid racing stories I'd love to hear them.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: Crazy stories

+1 on this thread. too bad i cant think of any at the moment

Old 12-04-2007, 08:51 PM
4th Gear Member

haha! there you are specter -thread hijack, sorry-

i really cant think of any stories, cept of import kids at school thinking they can take down certain cars, but never actually racing them..

oh, and this one kid, who said he was the best driver in the world, got in the car with me, and showed him decent shifting and slip shifting, he said i was ungodly fast at shifting, and never heard of a slip shift, then a week later, claimed he taught ME how to drive, really pissed me off.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Ninja Administrator

what? have u been missing me?

ive been busy, got tests coming up. plus i just got xbox live for my 360 [&o] Halo3 and gears of war basically own my life now

Old 12-04-2007, 09:08 PM
2nd Gear member

i got a soupedup v-techand other bolt-ons makeing over 1500 hp and over 2000 ft lbs of torque. i have astock tranny and stock gears with slicks on my camaro and i have a 6 second quater mile. with street tires i recently wasted a bugatti veyron on the autobahn. he pulls up and trys to [*** then i gave it some and he wanted to race. i honk 3 times and give him a 5 second head start. i blew by him doing about 240 mph and a second later i couldnt see him in the rear view mirror.

theres a "your fulla ****" stroy for ya.lol

Old 12-04-2007, 11:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Awesome idea on this thread I give it a thumbs up x2. This story actually happened to me tonite. I was driving one of my friends around in my car. And he wanted to see what its got...so I show him. I get an opening and I had just turned so I'm going like 15 and I punch it spin through 1st shift into 2nd spin a little in it and grab then take off before I know it I'm going 120 ands slow down to speed limit. I go to turn on a side street and a cop pulls up beside me with his lights on. OH CRAP. He motions me to roll down my window I do. And this is how the conversation went.
COP: So are you just trying to hear it or what. (guess he's talking about my car)
Me: I say yes sir just a little.
Cop: Sounds good slow it down and be careful. Have a good nite.
Me: Yes sir thank you officer.

I went home immediatley parked in the garage and I'm not driving it for a few days.
Am I lucky or what...Maybe I should have bought a lotto ticket.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Ninja Administrator

thats awesome. Ive got a cop story that isnt all that exciting. I have illegal tint and no front plate, and a couple weeks ago my little bro was in the car and noticed a cop looking at me as he passed going the other way. so he tells me "i think that cops coming back". So I pull into a gas station and start to fill up and sure enough here comes the cop. as im filling up he pulls in on the next road and doubles back and sits behind the station to where my brother can see his grill.Hes obviously waiting for me. So i tell him were gunna be late to lunch with the parents . we sit, and we sit, and we sit, for about 10 min. I went into the station and got some munchies and some pop, and we waited until finally the cop pulls out and drives right past us and gives us a dirty look, then drives off. I gave it a couple more minutes then drove home.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Ninja Administrator

i realize however that didnt quite capture the nature of this thread, so hopefully someone else has a story about their neighbor claiming his moped can run 9's

Old 12-05-2007, 12:58 AM
4th Gear Member

one time i was fishin, nice calm night bringin lots of fish just chillin about 200-300ft offshore (shore line is a steep incline) then i see this ricer. He goes down near the water and does burnouts (only way his gayass front wheel drive can loose traction is to do it going up a hill lol)

anyways he does this ~3 times and the 4th time he runs straight into a ****ing tree

random but it was funny as hell and i just remembered that

Old 12-05-2007, 01:13 AM
2nd Gear member

Couple years ago I owned a ninja 250r streetbike, and I owned an 07 corvette Z06 from a dig. If you notice anything funny about this, please hesitate to say

Quick Reply: Crazy stories