VS Cars going head to head!

Civic said he would kill me!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 04:31 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default Civic said he would kill me!!

There is a girl I work with who has a son and her son said he would kill me in a race. He own a Civic hatchback 90-93 I guess and he totally redid his engine and had the heads polished and ported and has all the performance parts in his engine bla bla bla. I have a modded LT1 that has about 12,000 miles on the new motor. I told him that he'd better get his turbo and then we'll talk. He said he didn't need it and he would take me motor to motor. Young ricers?!?!?

Old 07-13-2007, 04:37 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Civic said he would kill me!!

i dunno man his modded civic is maybe 110 hp now. what is your car??? i dont think you will have a chance

Old 07-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Ninja Administrator

a gutted civic hatch with the honda big block (i think H22, or whatever their NA big gun is) is good for 12s. Personally Id rather be there with a full interior... but whatever

but then again, rule of thumb is their cars usually run about 1.5-2 seconds slower than they say they do. IF he has a new motor in there with all the trimmings u could be screwed. but i doubt it. if he just did all his work to the motor that came in there, which is an SOHC pos then hes still turning 15seconds on a good day with that station wagon hatch of his catching a tail wind.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:50 PM
4th Gear Member

my one friend has a 2 ft lift on his truck. he accedentally backed up on a lowerd civic because this "group" is dumb. it went like half way up the hood. ricer groups......... rice rice rice.........

Old 07-13-2007, 05:45 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

a gutted civic hatch with the honda big block (i think H22, or whatever their NA big gun is) is good for 12s. Personally Id rather be there with a full interior... but whatever

but then again, rule of thumb is their cars usually run about 1.5-2 seconds slower than they say they do. IF he has a new motor in there with all the trimmings u could be screwed. but i doubt it. if he just did all his work to the motor that came in there, which is an SOHC pos then hes still turning 15seconds on a good day with that station wagon hatch of his catching a tail wind.
He claimed to have beat a 89-90 Corvette because he said his car has great top end. I don't think he has that engine your talking about. He said he rebuilt his engine and putgreat performance parts in it but I guess we'll have to see.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:11 PM
2nd Gear member

well an 89-90 corvette is slow as hell, maybee 15's or high 14's, so i dont know why he would brag about that, ive beaten many civic hatches that were supposedly all beefed up,with my grand prix no problem....the kid wont stand a chance against your ride

Old 07-13-2007, 08:16 PM
1st Gear Member

89-90 Vette has 245 Hp and 300 something torque stock. If this kid really beat it, he'd have to have modded the hell out of that little piece of junk.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:17 PM
2nd Gear member

When will those young whippersnappers learn, poor ricers

Old 07-13-2007, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Lol u guys must have never sceen a properly built civic, If its an EG-6 They can be mad quick, esp with a LS/vtec or a gsr swap. Talking about a mid 13 second car. There are some awsome hondas out there it just allot of people who do them are morons and dont do it right, when done right they can kick some serious *** for only having a 1.8L motor.

As far as who stated that there are 12 second swaps... stock motor, yes its true, h22's, h23's, b20's, and K20's are all something to keep an eye out for.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:53 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VQMaxFan

Lol u guys must have never sceen a properly built civic, If its an EG-6 They can be mad quick, esp with a LS/vtec or a gsr swap. Talking about a mid 13 second car. There are some awsome hondas out there it just allot of people who do them are morons and dont do it right, when done right they can kick some serious *** for only having a 1.8L motor.

As far as who stated that there are 12 second swaps... stock motor, yes its true, h22's, h23's, b20's, and K20's are all something to keep an eye out for.
Ok so are you talking about just motor or motor or will the honda need some help (nos, turbo)?

Quick Reply: Civic said he would kill me!!