VS Cars going head to head!

Can a 383 stoker supercharged beat a stock nissan 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Default RE: Can a 383 stoker supercharged beat a stock nissan 350z?

ORIGINAL: grumpy

Its a close call, rum em, but be ready for a whipping as he will be also
do you have any idea what you are talking about? Also you do realize its obvious who you are ?

Old 09-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: JD1969

Here is a little free advice to you. First, don't talk smack untill YOU have a car, it makes you no better than the rich spoiled kid, in fact you look worse. Second there will always be people like him out there, try to let them get under your skin. Chances are if you just ignore him, it will **** him off more than if you beat him. People like him are starved for attention, they crave to be noticed and talked about. Don't give him the satisfaction. There will always be someone who is faster, has more money, a better looking girl etc. don't sweat that stuff.
[sm=admin.gif]

All very sound advice...

Old 09-14-2008, 07:32 PM

anyone else notice a 16-17 yr old is calling a kid spoiled, but yet he says he is getting a 69 camaro ss then getting a new block and having it made into a 383 ? and also states that if he wants something he gets it ?

just my observations

Old 09-14-2008, 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Irocthestreet

anyone else notice a 16-17 yr old is calling a kid spoiled, but yet he says he is getting a 69 camaro ss then getting a new block and having it made into a 383 ? and also states that if he wants something he gets it ?

just my observations
well yes if you read it that way i sound spoiled also

but......

everything im doing is bein paid for my me and im usin my own money

i get 600 bucks every 2 weeks so that adds up ifi dont spend any and i dont

i can get a brand new 350 block for $1559or somthin like thatso thats only 3-4 paychecks which means saving up for a month in a half or 2 months and i get it

the camaro my bros cousin is lookin at now is only 1900 with no engine or tranny and needs new interior

he lives in springfield ohio and old muscle cars are popular in that area and he runs into a 67-74 camaro about 2-3 times a month for sale

all my work is bein done for free except the boring out the engine i have to have that professioanlly done and im also paying to have my engine blueprinted so i dont have to keep payin so much for crap to get fixed

im not bringin the camaro home til i've gotten every bit of horsepower out of it, a nice paintjob, all new racing seats and interior and the back seats removed to lighten it up a bit

dragging has been a family thing for a long time. my dad did itwith his 72camaro, my cousin did it with his 73camaro and my brother does it in his 94 impala ss

when i say Im driven i mean im not accepting help from noone. my mom tried to get me to get a loan to get my car quicker but i dont want the easy way out. my dad always toldme buying something feels so much better when you buy and earn it your self. which is what i plan on doing

sometimes i do wish i was spoiled but i gotta live with the facts that my parents dont make as much money as most the kids i know parents

now if i was spoiled i'd prolly be best friends with the kid in the 350z and i'd be a huge ricer cause i'd watch fast and the furious too much..... lol jk

a true american drives a car made in america IMO

sorry if i seemed like a total ******r though.... my apologies

Old 09-14-2008, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: christian herring

just my observations
well yes if you read it that way i sound spoiled also

but......

everything im doing is bein paid for my me and im usin my own money

i get 600 bucks every 2 weeks so that adds up ifi dont spend any and i dont

i can get a brand new 350 block for $1559or somthin like thatso thats only 3-4 paychecks which means saving up for a month in a half or 2 months and i get it

the camaro my bros cousin is lookin at now is only 1900 with no engine or tranny and needs new interior

he lives in springfield ohio and old muscle cars are popular in that area and he runs into a 67-74 camaro about 2-3 times a month for sale

all my work is bein done for free except the boring out the engine i have to have that professioanlly done and im also paying to have my engine blueprinted so i dont have to keep payin so much for crap to get fixed

im not bringin the camaro home til i've gotten every bit of horsepower out of it, a nice paintjob, all new racing seats and interior and the back seats removed to lighten it up a bit

dragging has been a family thing for a long time. my dad did itwith his 72camaro, my cousin did it with his 73camaro and my brother does it in his 94 impala ss

when i say Im driven i mean im not accepting help from noone. my mom tried to get me to get a loan to get my car quicker but i dont want the easy way out. my dad always toldme buying something feels so much better when you buy and earn it your self. which is what i plan on doing

sometimes i do wish i was spoiled but i gotta live with the facts that my parents dont make as much money as most the kids i know parents

now if i was spoiled i'd prolly be best friends with the kid in the 350z and i'd be a huge ricer cause i'd watch fast and the furious too much..... lol jk

a true american drives a car made in america IMO

sorry if i seemed like a total ******r though.... my apologies

thats cool and all. although i do have a problem with the last quote. a true american has nothing to do with the kind of car he drives. My grandfather was in the military for 22 or 23 years ( cant remember exact) during Korea and Vietnam. He drives a honda cr-v. So your saying that a 17 yr old is more of an american than a War veteran of an war of any age just because of the automobile he drives is extremely wrong imo

Old 09-14-2008, 11:05 PM

its just an opinion dude

im entitled to it

im not saying your grandfather is less american than me at all cause he drives a honda

in fact so far im the 1st "herring"(last name) to notgo into the service(i cant due to mental issues or else i would)

i also have an opinion that 3rd and 4th gen camaros are ugly but you dont see metellin someone there opinion on liking that car is wrong jus prefer the classic muscle look

i would still drive a 3rd or 4th gen but i wouldnt buy one

like i said its only an opinion not fact and noones opinion is wrong or right or always agreeable no need to take offense

Old 09-15-2008, 12:01 AM

actually no your not entitled to it, because from what you said true americans own american cars, from what i understand you dont even have a car, so by your opinion, you are not an american and have no rights.

now what is an american car? is it a Toyota Tundra made in Texas?or is it a ford edge made in Ontario?

Old 09-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

now what is an american car? is it a Toyota Tundra made in Texas?or is it a ford edge made in Ontario?
Easy, that would be the Ford Edge, even if it is built in Canada. Because the proceeds from the sale of that car goes to an American company.
The Toyota Tundra, although built in the U.S., still lines the pockets of the Japanese.
I believe that was the point that was being made.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:24 AM

actually i do own a car

its a lincoln town car 1972 it has 76,000 miles on it and it has all the features that came out in the model

and guess what its made by ford ...... isnt that an american company?

if you wanna start **** do it in someone elses thread and not mine

i will voice my opinion where ever i like

deal with it

if you dont like it then ignore it

and jus because im lookin to get a camaro at 17 doesnt mean i dont have anything else

do you really think i'd have a gas guzzler as my only car? no way

Old 09-15-2008, 01:52 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Common guys, leave him be. You should be helping him, not bashing him. This guy is awesome, he's looking to build a powerful american car, and a camaro to boot. lol, I remember getting a lot of crud from this place for modding my six banger. A camaro is a camaro, and this is a camaro forum. Lets be pro camaro shall we?

lol, and as for the american car topic, don't forget that the 4th gens were made in Canada.

Quick Reply: Can a 383 stoker supercharged beat a stock nissan 350z?