VS Cars going head to head!

C5Z06 smack down (sort of)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:10 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club
Default C5Z06 smack down (sort of)

So i was driving home the other day in some mild trafic when i notice a blue C5 change lanes kind of fast behind me. When i looked in there rear view it was a older guy i would say in his 40s so i didnt think any thing of it. We drive on a few miles and turn out of trafic into some light trafic and get stoped at a light. I am sitting right behind a truck and the left lane is open so he pulls around me driving kind of slow into the open spot at the front of the light. I didnt think any thing of it once again just kind of figured he was checking out the TA. Well the light turns green and he doesnt go before i am right next to him then he gets on it. A very nice mild Z06 i can say sounded like a nice exhaust and the normal vette guy bolt ons. I was like cool some one wants to play . Well i just kind of drive for a few and as fate would have it the truck turns and now the vette is about 10 cars in front of me so i get the TA spooled up a little and let off the gas right next to him so he got a nice blast of waste gate in his ear. After that he would'nt look over at me or play with me any more .

I dont get it why doesnt any one want to play with me

Old 11-10-2009, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member

he was probably just scared of all the power in that oh so awesome , sit you back in the seat Gforce machine beside him....

Old 11-10-2009, 07:32 PM
3rd Gear Member

nice! yeah you scared him with your TA

how much hp do you think your TA has?

Old 11-11-2009, 03:44 AM
3rd Gear Member

ha ha, well awesome. You blew him away with the BOV funny as.

He wasnt a propper player though, he didnt wanna get beat. sometimes you just gotta race stuff to see have you compare, hell i'd race you in my cars current form just to see you pull away and here that tub spooling into the distance

Old 11-11-2009, 10:45 AM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by jason7504
nice! yeah you scared him with your TA

how much hp do you think your TA has?
About 560 at the crank (Last dyno pull with pump gas made 501rwhp and 557 torque at the wheels)

The funny thing is when i drive the cobra which is just south of 600 at the wheels on her street tune (17lbs) every GT stang and Ricer in the world wants to play. But drive the TA and and no one will give me a second look .

Last edited by cbr600rx7; 11-11-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:11 PM
3rd Gear Member

damn! those are some fast cars ya got there cbr!

and i thought my 383 was gonna be fast lol..whats your best 1/4 mi time in the TA and cobra?

damn what kind of set up do you have in the TA? engine and turbo/supercharger wise

yeah thats wierd. im surprised you get anybody that wants to run with those cars lol

Old 11-11-2009, 01:43 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

The TA has yet to put up a good time at the track. 11.4 is her best to date but once again i have never had a good pass (tuning issues and line leaks).

The cobra is not my car i just end up driving it a lot. I am just the car sitter in a way. My good friend Tony owns the car i am just his performace guide and take care of the cobra why he is out of the country. But the same thing can be said for the cobra. On a good pass she will run mid 11s but thats on crappy 275 nitto's and running 1.8 60s . The future calls for some 315 MTs and a spool 9 inch and some longer gears that should see her well into the high 10s with no problem.

When we tuned the cobra it was set at 17 pounds of boost and 17 degrees of max timing and made 580 whp with a 2.3 wipple. This is well on the safe side and in the future we plan to run 20 and 20 with meth as a safty net. If i had to estimate i would say she should make around 650 with her new headers. Not bad since its a bone stock long block down to the bolts and valve springs. Got to love the Terminaters.

For the TA its a stock 346 LS1 bottom end with a 232/228 cam and mostly stock heads. For the turbo its just a small TTI 60 trim kit and a 50 dry shoot as a anti lag. We take a small lose in power due to the automatic transmission and larger 12 bolt but its well worth it in my mind. Yeah if i had built a 10 bolt and run a T56 i might dyno a litlte higher but my current set up is bullet proof and i dont have too worry about my drive line every time i go to the track.

Future plans have we steeping away from FI and going back to High compression and a little more spray but thats a diffrent story for another thread.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:02 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

Name:  DSC00530.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  151.1 KB

Old 11-11-2009, 07:52 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7
The TA has yet to put up a good time at the track. 11.4 is her best to date but once again i have never had a good pass (tuning issues and line leaks).

The cobra is not my car i just end up driving it a lot. I am just the car sitter in a way. My good friend Tony owns the car i am just his performace guide and take care of the cobra why he is out of the country. But the same thing can be said for the cobra. On a good pass she will run mid 11s but thats on crappy 275 nitto's and running 1.8 60s . The future calls for some 315 MTs and a spool 9 inch and some longer gears that should see her well into the high 10s with no problem.

When we tuned the cobra it was set at 17 pounds of boost and 17 degrees of max timing and made 580 whp with a 2.3 wipple. This is well on the safe side and in the future we plan to run 20 and 20 with meth as a safty net. If i had to estimate i would say she should make around 650 with her new headers. Not bad since its a bone stock long block down to the bolts and valve springs. Got to love the Terminaters.

For the TA its a stock 346 LS1 bottom end with a 232/228 cam and mostly stock heads. For the turbo its just a small TTI 60 trim kit and a 50 dry shoot as a anti lag. We take a small lose in power due to the automatic transmission and larger 12 bolt but its well worth it in my mind. Yeah if i had built a 10 bolt and run a T56 i might dyno a litlte higher but my current set up is bullet proof and i dont have too worry about my drive line every time i go to the track.

Future plans have we steeping away from FI and going back to High compression and a little more spray but thats a diffrent story for another thread.
wow you guys should both be into the 10's i would think. what rear gears are you running on the TA and Tony's cobra?

wow 650hp! thats badass!

what tranny are you running? do you drive your TA often?

Old 11-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7
So i was driving home the other day in some mild trafic when i notice a blue C5 change lanes kind of fast behind me. When i looked in there rear view it was a older guy i would say in his 40s so i didnt think any thing of it.
Sorry, that "old geezer" insinuation made me laff! Gee, I'm surprised he was still qualified to keep his driver's license.
You do realize that some guys never grow up, don't you?

Quick Reply: C5Z06 smack down (sort of)