VS Cars going head to head!

97 SS VS. 98 Integra GSR

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:56 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!
Default RE: 97 SS VS. 98 Integra GSR

ORIGINAL: ninetysixyenko

i would think a AWD turbo eclipse would be a decent match cuz of the AWD part, other than that, no lol. some EVOs and WRXs would be good match for a LS1, be a little work for a LT1 i could be wrong but i think the Redline and SS run in the 14 realm, then of corse the SRT4s would prolly be a lil tough for a stock LS1.

go find some ricers(expecially turbo eclipse owners[>:]) and tell them you have a sixeven tho the 6 would even smoke most of them.
the AWD eclipse with 200 horse power [>:]ive beat one of those from a roll with my 3.8.....

Old 01-03-2008, 10:20 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

200 awd horses is about the same as 180 fwd horses when measured from the crank. AWD drive lines tend to lose a little more power due to the added parts and circulating mass. LS 1.8 turbo should manage around 220 and with suporting mods or a full kit like the Gready kit can make around 240 withminimal tuning.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:33 AM
Overdrive Member

i would think a AWD turbo eclipse would be a decent match cuz of the AWD part, other than that, no lol. some EVOs and WRXs would be good match for a LS1, be a little work for a LT1 i could be wrong but i think the Redline and SS run in the 14 realm, then of corse the SRT4s would prolly be a lil tough for a stock LS1.

go find some ricers(expecially turbo eclipse owners[>:]) and tell them you have a six even tho the 6 would even smoke most of them.
What's up with people and thinking that AWD gives this super huge advantage that nobody can take down? A stock turbo eclipse would be like racing a retarded donkey if you have any 4th gen V8. A well tuned Evo or WRX STi will take an LS1.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:58 AM
4th Gear Member

theres a AWD(GSX?) turbo eclipse around here, thats a POS, so im gueeing the engine is stock, that kept up with me, neck and neck, in my dad's truck, and my dad's truck is faster than my 3.8 was, specially if you can manage not to let it spin(damn light endof trucks)

and in most STREET applications, AWD is better, once it goes to the track i'd take RWD any day.. Slicks > AWD.

i'll see if i can find a video where a camaro barely beats a EVO 7 or 8, and it doesnt say mods, but you can hear a cam and exhaust on the camaro, so im guessing either it needed it to keep up, or the evo wasnt stock either, but they all looked stock.

oh.. and ive beat plenty of FWD turbo eclipses with the camaro, but i never beat my friend's fairly stock AWD talon, every time my nose was at the front of his door, it's also a POS(body anyway) but he's got it geared, CAI, exhaust, and i think thats it. we also started from a dig though and i had bad wheel spin, of corse, the AWD wont help any from a roll. so i coulda prolly beat him from even a 10MPH roll.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:04 PM
4th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sn6SL6EajE

it's a fairly close race, again dont know whats done to any of the cars.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes

when i race them little rice rockets i always take off after they do just to hear how loud its farting then i blow by them

Old 01-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Overdrive Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sn6SL6EajE

it's a fairly close race, again dont know whats done to any of the cars.
First off you're thinking V6, for a V6 an AWD Turbo Eclipse would be a race, but a V6 Camaro is considerably slower than it's V8 counterpart. As far as the video, I said stock for stock the Evo or STi would be a good race for an LS1 Camaro, once we get into the modding world it all depends on who has more money. The first race between the Evo and the SS wasn't really even a race, the Evo got off the line and was rapidly run down the the SS, the second race was closer, but the SS did a good amount of catching up, and in the camera view from the Evo, it got passed pretty quickly both times.

here, have a fast Subaru: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEnjbYXKkxQ
and have a fast Camaro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t65VypaaRJU

Old 01-05-2008, 06:08 AM
4th Gear Member

stock for stock, i would think theAWD turbo eclipse would give a LT a good run for it's money, Z having upper hand and 80% of time win, and this is from a dig. from a roll, i i can see it being a v6 race, and domination by the LT.. most of the LTs came with **** tires too dont forget, and they spin up to 3rd if the driver didnt launch weak, where the AWD dude, could bounce there GD rev limitor[:@]

Old 01-05-2008, 10:40 AM
3rd Gear Member

stock for stock, i would think theAWD turbo eclipse would give a LT a good run for it's money, Z having upper hand and 80% of time win, and this is from a dig. from a roll, i i can see it being a v6 race, and domination by the LT.. most of the LTs came with **** tires too dont forget, and they spin up to 3rd if the driver didnt launch weak, where the AWD dude, could bounce there GD rev limitor[:@]
An LT1 would walk all over a stock eclipse. The only eclipse that would even give the LT1 a race is the new GT, and even then the LT1 would most likly win. Back when new you could see stock LT1s running high 13s. Now they usally run low 14s becuase they are all over 10 years old. Thats still faster than any stock AWD eclipse is going to run. And blaming tires is lame, the car is over 10 years old. If it still has stock tires on it, its probly not going to be racing anyway.

The eclipse is a race for the 3.8L, from a dig or from a roll. Even though the eclipse has AWD, its sending less HP to the wheels becuase of drivetrain loss. It has the advantage from a dig, but still a drivers race with the 3.8.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:58 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

theres a AWD(GSX?) turbo eclipse around here, thats a POS, so im gueeing the engine is stock, that kept up with me, neck and neck, in my dad's truck, and my dad's truck is faster than my 3.8 was, specially if you can manage not to let it spin(damn light endof trucks)

and in most STREET applications, AWD is better, once it goes to the track i'd take RWD any day.. Slicks > AWD.

i'll see if i can find a video where a camaro barely beats a EVO 7 or 8, and it doesnt say mods, but you can hear a cam and exhaust on the camaro, so im guessing either it needed it to keep up, or the evo wasnt stock either, but they all looked stock.

oh.. and ive beat plenty of FWD turbo eclipses with the camaro, but i never beat my friend's fairly stock AWD talon, every time my nose was at the front of his door, it's also a POS(body anyway) but he's got it geared, CAI, exhaust, and i think thats it. we also started from a dig though and i had bad wheel spin, of corse, the AWD wont help any from a roll. so i coulda prolly beat him from even a 10MPH roll.
If its a TSI (awd turbo talon) i dont think it has the gears upgraded. Also most first and second generation 4g63 guys do not run CAI. Instead they just run cone filters the stock plastic hose that runs to the stock turbo can flow more then enough air to support the stock turbo. Plus a CAI would add a little turbo lag vs. a cone or short ram. Most DSM guys like to keep the filter as close to the turbo as possible for the sound and quicker spool. You probably have been beating 420A (none turbo fwd) guys. A good driver in gst (fwd turbo first or second generation) is a good match for a 3.8. And they do gain respectable power from the normal turbo bolt ons bumping into the high 14s. For the TSI awd and the GSX. Based on year and condition they tend to run around 14.8-15.2 stock. However in good condition with just miner bolt ons( down pipe, exhaust, filter, higher boost, good clutch) and a good driver they are a mid 14 second car. The one down side to the older 4g63s if you don’t take care of them they will crap out on you. Bad mods can lead to fuel and boost issues causing the car to run low boost or run rich resulting in a significant loss in performance.

Quick Reply: 97 SS VS. 98 Integra GSR