VS Cars going head to head!

7.7 LITER!! LOL!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Default 7.7 LITER!! LOL!!

Alright so i had jus got work and i was talkin on my cell when this guy fly's by in a 02-04 stang w/a pretty decnt lookin body kit n his plates read xtc and then cuts me off to get on the freeway! Well as soon as i got on i hung up my phone n pulled up next to the guy and throw 'em a rev but there was traffic so we couldnt really go ne where, so i pulled behing 'em n go to his passenger side and the guy starts laughin and says "so what do you got in that thing a 'lil 5.7"? i said ya n its pretty much stock too. then he says "you don't even stand a chance i got a 7.7 crate engine in here". i said well let me see what i can do against it u'll probably smoke me ne way, so we slow down n hold up traffic a 'lil bit goin like 35mph n i was in second the guy counts down and as soon as i hit i swear i jumped like half a car length on 'em and by the time i hit third i had 2 1/2 lengths on 'em so i slowed down n let 'em catch up n he's like pull over and he gets off on the shoulder of the freeway and i was like a 7.7 lol i gotta see this so i asked em to pop his hood n he's like " no i can't do that or else i can't race u again, i dont wantchu to know what i got" and i started askin 'em how many cubes he had he said i dono i jus got a 7.7liter, so i was like wtf? how'd u make it a 7.7l? he said i bored and stroked it, i asked what block he used he said an dohc 01 cobra 4.6L, when i asked how much he bored it over his answer was " i dono man, i jus pay people and they do it" lol i have to admit it was a really nice lookin car and sounded alright but damn was this guy b.s. or what!! wouldnt a 7.7 make it like around a 502 or sumpin?! maybe im misinformed but isn't that impossible to get from a 281 ci 4.6l? and the worst part about it is that this guys like twice my age!! he has to b at least in his late 30's or early 40's but he has no idea wut he's talkin bout lol

Old 06-22-2006, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 7.7 LITER!! LOL!!

hahaha thats crazy

in a lot of peoples eyes.. nothing beats a stang even if its a v6 simply because its a mustang

hahahahaha dumb people with half way nice cars

Old 06-22-2006, 07:21 PM
2nd Gear member

LMAO, that is hilarious, you cant just magically add 2.9 litre's to a 4.8L no matter what kind of cash you got. sounds like he didnt even know a thing about motor's, the cobra's came with 32v 4.8 DOHC i believe.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:59 PM

Cobra's had the same block. A 280.8 cubic inch (4.6L) engine DOHC 32V. The problem with the 4.6's is that they are too tall and not long enough. You really can't bore them out very much at all. They get all of their power from the stroke length. As far as halfway nice cars I beg to differ but that just means we have differing opinions. They weigh too much because of the large deck height and OHC design. Now Cobras respond in many people opinion better to mods than do LS1 and LT1 engines because of the DOHC 32V setup. That being said the LT1 and LS1 respond better than does my SOHC GT. If Ford had simply lengthened out the block it would have MUCH more potential.

Here is my question to Chevy, Ford, Mopar, everybody alike. If Ford came back out with the 302 in the Mustang how much would sales skyrocket and how many people who have been faithful to other makers would start looking at buying it. I guarantee you everything would improve for them.

Old 06-22-2006, 08:56 PM

WELL FACT IS THAT THEY'RE AREN'T COMIN OUT WID ANOTHER 302, WELL AT LEAST NOT ANY TIME SOON THAT I KNO OF, THEY THOUGHT THAT LESS DISPLACEMENT AND HIGHER COMPRESSION WOULD COME UP WITH MORE POWER BUT THAT WASN'T TRUE UNTIL THEY CHANGED TH DESIGN OF THEIR HEADS IN 99 OR 00, BUT SINCE THEY'RE SO DAMN HEAVY THE FOX BODY'S STILL WHOOPED THEIR ***... AND WITH THE NEW CAMARO'S COMIN OUT THEIER PROBABLY WOODN'T BE MANY THAT WOOD WANT A 302.. AND THE NEW COBRA THAT'S GONNA COME OUT IS GOING TO BE IN THE Z06 PRICE RANGE AND I'D MUCH RATHER TAKE A VETTE OVER THE NEW COBRA

Old 06-22-2006, 11:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok. 1st, the 07 Cobra stickers for $40,000. That's 1/2 the price of a Z06. 2nd-the 302 (5.0) was a nice motor. It took to mods very well, and is a fond memory for us Mustang guys, but the 4.6 (after 98 anyway) is simply a much better motor. The 4 valve 4.6's in Cobras have forged internals, which makes them even nicer!! They also have a 7200RPM redline compared to the 2 and 3 valves 6000 redline. The 281 was a good replacement for the 302.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:12 AM

The only 281 Cobra motors that had forged internals were the '03 and '04 Cobras. (The Supercharged ones) Also the DOHC was around in the early Cobra's as well. It just was not quite as powerful. The new Camaros are coming out yes in 3 years. The 281 was a DECENT change for the old 302 STOCK for STOCK. The 4.6 does not have the same power potential due to its inability to be bored and stroked like the 302's. Put the DOHC heads on the 302 and watch what happens to the power. Everybody on this site should agree that there is no replacement for displacement.

Old 06-23-2006, 03:10 AM
1st Gear Member

I thought the Mach 1's and 99-01 Cobras also had forged????

No replacement for displacement huh? Explain how my 2.2L puts 450HP and 500ish torque to the wheels then. (Conservative numbers, as the car hasn't been tuned yet, and that's on pump gas on a daily driving tune).

Old 06-23-2006, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

And GM hasn't committed to the Camaro project yet that I have seen. Mopar committed to making the Challenger, but I think the Camaro is still just a concept.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:47 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: STANMAN

And GM hasn't committed to the Camaro project yet that I have seen. Mopar committed to making the Challenger, but I think the Camaro is still just a concept.

Challenger sucks though, Viper is nice, Love the motor too. Can make those 1000 whp daily drivers all day long

Quick Reply: 7.7 LITER!! LOL!!