VS Cars going head to head!

3.8 camaro vs. GP

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 03:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 3.8 camaro vs. GP

I was driving to go christmas shopping and this dude with his girlfriend were already at the red light in his Grand Prix (01 I think). I look over at him and he nods, I nodded back and when the light turned, we went. He pulled first but then when the AT got into 3rd, I started to gain and once we got to 80, I started to walk him by the time we seperated (2 lanes turned into 1 lane exits left and right) he was at my bumper, but before I pulled ahead, I had to give the gf a kiss face haha.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:31 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: 3.8 camaro vs. GTP?

i thought he would have spanked you. the gtp is prolly a mid 14 second car where as the 3.8 camaro is 16 flat..................

Old 12-19-2007, 05:22 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

This story is most likely BS. Your talking about a car that has basicly the same engine with a blower. Gearing maybe a little off. But you both have auto's.A fully loaded 4 door GTPis a high 14second car at just under 3700 poundsbassed on the year and range from 260 up to 280 HP and280 to 300 tqto back it up some modles with the higher out put 280 where down in the mid 3500 pound range. Even older 91 modles still run low 16's stock v6 fbody times. Sorry man but the hole girl friend thing sound like you been watching too much F&F again.[sm=violin.gif]Also bolted GTP's run low 14s with maybe a grand into them.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, like I said, I dont think it was a GTP. I think it was a 3800 with GTP badges on it. I know that a GTP has a buttload morepower so that's why in the heading I put a ? after it because it didnt seem like it was possible.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:58 PM
3rd Gear Member

ok, first off the 3800 camaro is not a low 16 second car. They can usally run mid 15s, and some of the 5-spds with Y87 have gotten into low 15s. They have run in the 14s with only free mods...

That is stock, now lets not forget the camaro weights about 200 lbs less and it is RWD compared to the GPs FWD.

It is possible it was a GTP with a really crappy driver, but it was most likely a regular GP. But like ive said before. The driver is everything.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:59 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

[sm=signs006.gif]Not in an automatic from a roll in a strait line it kind of takes most skill out of it you know. Kind of Like pedal control, Steering, launching, shifting all those kind of things that make up performance driving[sm=icon_sneaky.gif]. 9 out of 10 times’ I would agree that the driver makes a huge difference in respect. However this is not one of those times. Also Free Mods are not OEM there for the are not stock. Along with that the GTP would be stronger from a roll then from a dig this due to its fat *** being heaver. Also not having the ability to launch as hard as the Fbody also hurts it’s ¼ times the GTP is a lot stronger in the ¼ then in the 1/8 for this fact. This leads me to think a true GTP would have a bigger advantage from a roll where its weakest links no longer hold back the cars performance. And as stated above the driver factor isn’t relevant here.[sm=imsorry.gif]