Tool Cart, plus tool storage ideas - Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Old 03-26-2017, 04:30 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Default Tool Cart, plus tool storage ideas

I got a tool cart from Harbor freight. In the past I have only use a flat cart that I put the tools I knew I was going to use and tool that to the car I was working on. In an attempt to save space and reduce times I go back to my big box I upgraded my tool cart. My hope is to reduce one of my other tool boxes and my old cart. It seems I end up working in the drive way.

This is the HF Tool Cart with optional shelve and a Craftsman Magnetic Light. The light is about 15 years old and the light cover it literally crumbling.

Shelf up and I put all my sockets in the larger top section. Gota turn the sockets

Wrench Drawer, I have had this wrench layout in my other box a long time. I don't like the whole Allen key area, I hope to mod it soon.

New Pliers rack, I like it, I am sure this drawer will get more stuff as I go.

Any other storage idea? Show yours please.

I have and idea for a swing arm tray that could reach over the fender and I am thinking of adding one of those power center so I can jump cars and use lights without running cords.

Last edited by Gorn; 04-08-2017 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

First mod,,, I am not sure how much I like this. It is a swing shelf I added a small vise. It should allow the shelf to extend over the fender. I left the rail it slides on a little long. Once I see how much I use it I will shorten it.

At home

Extended to the side

Fully extended