Digital Oscilloscope

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default Digital Oscilloscope

I have always wanted my own oscilloscope. I am going to look at a used Snap-On one. Guy says it is fully functional and he has all the leads and books. This is a digital scope and I have never used a digital scope. Is there a big differents? Anyone have a digital one? I am use to the old Sun analog style scope

Old 08-21-2010, 08:45 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

I didnt even know it could go digital.... or maybe I thought it was to begin with.....

Old 08-21-2010, 11:04 AM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

This is like the one I am going to look at. I got to drive to philly, about hour each way.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Snap-On-MT1665-C..._Oscilloscopes

Old 08-21-2010, 05:28 PM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

That was 5 hours of my life wasted. He said it worked fine and agreed to demo it for me. He tried to demo it he even got it to work once but it just was not responding to the buttons. He said it was fine before he put it in storage 2 years ago and he had it covered. He was a real nice guy seemed surpised and embarassed it did not work. Its a real shame that system had everything all the orginal manuals and all the leads it even had the upgrade to the DIS systems.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:05 PM
4th Gear Member

I used one made by Fluke but just used the basics of it to view sync pulses, square waves and garbage on the AC waveform. It had the capablility of doing alot more than I wanted to learn. Can't remember the model of it.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Droid

Originally Posted by Gorn
That was 5 hours of my life wasted. He said it worked fine and agreed to demo it for me. He tried to demo it he even got it to work once but it just was not responding to the buttons. He said it was fine before he put it in storage 2 years ago and he had it covered. He was a real nice guy seemed surprised and embarrassed it did not work. Its a real shame that system had everything all the original manuals and all the leads it even had the upgrade to the DIS systems.
Digital equipment usually has an internal clock and a bios chip which is powered by battery (similar to a PC). If that is the case, it may just need the battery to be replaced.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:37 AM
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

It was really odd. He said he was having trouble with when I first got there. It would switch to the KV screen. But not switch Secondary screen. It switched to the Primary screen about a dozen times but then that stopped. We powered it down and it went right into the Secondary screen but once we left that screen it would not go back. We rebooted it again and only the KV screen worked but I never got it to go back to the Secondary screen. We pulled it apart everything look real clean. He thought it was the key pad but I do not think so since rebooting seem to have such an effect on it.

I think I am going to email him back and tell him if he can get it fixed I would go an extra $50 over his asking price. Heck, this is the first one I have seen with DIS adapter. He has every single adapter that came with it.