Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   ROTM 2011 (https://camaroforums.com/forum/rotm-2011-101/)
-   -   Vote for June ROTM, 1st gen! (https://camaroforums.com/forum/rotm-2011-101/vote-june-rotm-1st-gen-62715/)

JG69 06-22-2011 04:33 PM

Hi tazinhawaii, your car looks really nice. She has come a long way. Very nice !!

JG69

craby 06-22-2011 08:44 PM

bout time. :) now we need more votes.

StoveBolts 06-23-2011 09:13 AM

That's a tough call between Taz and JG, and O's car is gonna be very nice when she's done.

I really like the modern amenities in Taz's car (btw, sharp interior) and the ghost flag is icing on the cake while JG does an excellent job representing that classic old school look. Really, both cars are in a class to themselves and both cars do a fantastic job representing the upper end of our hobby.

In the end I had to vote for TAZ. Not because he had a nicer car than JG, but because of how unique and stylish it is in bringing modern technology, comfort and horse power to a first gen shell.

JG69 06-23-2011 03:15 PM

Hey Stevebolts, thanks for the kind words. I agree, Taz's car looks like it could be at SEMA. I think Orocker's car is coming out really nice. BTW...tazhawaii and myself are both from NewEngland. I would say the northeast is being well represented this month. LOL

tazinhawaii 06-24-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by JG69 (Post 547136)
Hey Stevebolts, thanks for the kind words. I agree, Taz's car looks like it could be at SEMA. I think Orocker's car is coming out really nice. BTW...tazhawaii and myself are both from NewEngland. I would say the northeast is being well represented this month. LOL

JG,
Wow, I didn't even realize you were from New England. :) That's awesome. Have to meet up at a cruise or show sometime (maybe Skip's). Going to a show in Portland, ME this weekend that the shop who did the body work will be at. They haven't seen my car complete yet, so I have to make it to this one.

All,
Thanks for all the kind words. I've had a mix of reaction at the local shows with it. about 95% have jaws drop. 3% say they normally don't like the pro-touring style but think it's tastefully done. and 2% just like pure original... The only problem now is that I get a little more nervous driving it than when it had a Cheap-o paint job on it before...

Derrick

Guitar 06-27-2011 08:37 AM

Tazin, your car is amazing looking. I did vote for JGs, as personally I'm not a fan of the air suspension look, and I'm really into classic overall cars. As it sits in the other pictures, it looks amazing. But man, you've done an incredible job on it.

cbr600rx7 06-27-2011 03:27 PM

This is a hard one. That LS3 is plain sexy.

bowtieguy 06-27-2011 04:54 PM

voted

mr.blue 06-28-2011 07:15 PM

had to go with tazinhawaii. its almost like a camaro had sex with a corvette.

StoveBolts 06-29-2011 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by mr.blue (Post 548588)
had to go with tazinhawaii. its almost like a camaro had sex with a corvette.

I'm sorry.. that just leaves the wrong image in my head... :icon_shrug: In Detroit we have a radio station WRIF (Rock) and last week they had a guy on there that had a "thing" for cars and helicopters if you know what I mean... Sorry... Ya just never know who's out there anymore :icon_bike: