Yearly ROTM schedule, post your thoughts!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:45 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

It would be through cafe press. They produce everything, and ship it. No work for me. If I actually went to a shop and had fancy calendars made, then I would need at least 5mp pics from each winner, and I have doubts that would be feasible.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:57 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I wanted to run this by you all and get your thoughts on this. Some people have expressed a maybe we don't do the two rounds of the gens each year. I think if we don't then maybe we could get more people into other catagories. I'm going to suggest this schedule below, tell me what you think.

For 2010

Jan - 1st gen
Feb - Young Guns (16-24 years old)
Mar - 2nd gen
Apr - Unique Whip (This would be the most unique camaro, any year)(Lots of ways people could view this and could protentially involve a lot of people)
May - 3rd gen
Jun - Mid life crisis (25-38 year old, any year camaro)
Jul - 4th gen
Aug - Most modified (open to any year)
Sep - 5th gen
Oct - 6 cylinder any year
Nov - Over the Hill, sponsored by extenze (39 and up years old, any camaro)
Dec - Outlaw (any vehicle other than camaro)/ROTY

The point behind these catagories is to get max participation and try to involve more people in the ROTM's. I believe with these cats we would open the ROTM's up to more people on the forum and thus really have fun with this.

Please tell me what you think about these catagories and make suggestions. But please keep in mind that we want to open it up so more people are eligible to be nom'd for ROTM and ultimately ROTY.

Edit: I also wanted to make one rule change. And that is: You can not be in two consecative ROTM's. I think this would broaden the participants across the forum.

Last edited by greenarrow; 04-23-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:10 PM
BackseatBob

Originally Posted by greenarrow
Ok guys, this is what I'm looking at running right now.
For 2009
Jan - 1st gen
Feb - 2nd gen
Mar - 3rd gen
Apr - 4th gen
May - V6, any year
Jun - 1st gen
Jul - 2nd gen
Aug - 3rd gen
Sep - 4th gen
Oct - 5th gen
Nov - 6 cylinder any year
Dec - Outlaw/ROTY

And then next year it'll go like this.

For 2010
Jan - 1st gen
Feb - 2nd gen
Mar - 3rd gen
Apr - 4th gen
May - 5th gen
Jun - 6 cylinder any year
Jul - 1st gen
Aug - 2nd gen
Sep - 3rd gen
Oct - 4th gen
Nov - 5th gen
Dec - Outlaw/ROTY

This still has to be approved, so don't rejoice or grip me out yet. This isn't law yet.

I like that plan Arrow, let's hope it goes down with the other mods!

EDIT: oh wait, I just read your other schedule.... That one would be better I think, only one for each SPECIFIC generation. Go for it!!

Last edited by bobarian91; 04-23-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:46 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Still waiting on a good majority of the other members to chime in before I put it to law.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by greenarrow
For 2010

Jan - 1st gen
Feb - Young Guns (16-24 years old)
Mar - 2nd gen
Apr - Unique Whip (This would be the most unique camaro, any year)(Lots of ways people could view this and could protentially involve a lot of people)
May - 3rd gen
Jun - Mid life crisis (25-38 year old, any year camaro)
Jul - 4th gen
Aug - Most modified (open to any year)
Sep - 5th gen
Oct - 6 cylinder any year
Nov - Over the Hill, sponsored by extenze (39 and up years old, any camaro)
Dec - Outlaw (any vehicle other than camaro)/ROTY
My big question here is what the difference is between "Unique Whip" and "Most modified"

Aside from that, my only real thoughts are V6 and "any 6-cyl" should be one ROTM only, rather than having one for each; let's face it, l6s aren't exactly popular

And if we're going to have a "best modified" we should also have a "best stock" run as well, which should be limited to cars that are OEM-spec only.

That's my CAN$0.02 anyway.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:58 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I dunno, I like the current setup we have. Nothing wrong with it. The 5th gens aren't going to be here for another year or so, I wouldn't worry about putting them in ROTM until we actually have some members who have one.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Saint Ebony
My big question here is what the difference is between "Unique Whip" and "Most modified"

Aside from that, my only real thoughts are V6 and "any 6-cyl" should be one ROTM only, rather than having one for each; let's face it, l6s aren't exactly popular

And if we're going to have a "best modified" we should also have a "best stock" run as well, which should be limited to cars that are OEM-spec only.

That's my CAN$0.02 anyway.
There is only gonig to be one 6 cylinder ROTM and includes any 6 from any year. As far as the stock ROTM goes, I don't think we'd have enough to actually do one. I can only think of yours and maybe two other 3rd gens that might be stock. But I don't know for sure. If there's a demand for one then I'll put it in.

My thinking behind the best modified would be motor wise. And then the unique whip would be just the uniqueness of the whole car. But I can see your point and will rethink those two.

Originally Posted by musicman
I dunno, I like the current setup we have. Nothing wrong with it. The 5th gens aren't going to be here for another year or so, I wouldn't worry about putting them in ROTM until we actually have some members who have one.
We already have our first 5th gen guy to sign up on the forum. And I would suspect that by the end of the May we'll have a few more. It's going to be one of those wait and see kinda things, so it may get pushed back to nov or replaced so we can try out one of the newer catagories.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:10 PM
BackseatBob

yeah, I like the set-up you have. one for each car, and ROTY/Outlaw in the same month.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:12 PM
1st Gear Member

What about doing a month for cars in 1/4 times?. Maybe just one month for cars running 12's.. any type of car but you gotta have a time slip to show!

just an idea. i dont know how many of you will actually support it, but this thread is here to throw out some ideas., so ther you have it

Old 04-23-2009, 06:51 PM
BackseatBob

I think the prob with running ROTM on times is that we don't have enough spots to get a good range of ETs....

Quick Reply: Yearly ROTM schedule, post your thoughts!