North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

2012 Northeast Rod Run

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:54 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default 2012 Northeast Rod Run

I just figured that I'd post up a new thread on here for this year's trip. This is our 5 year anniversary, so if you've never joined us before, this would definitely be the perfect year to try it out

Most of the details for 2012's Rod Run are set and people have already been booking their hotel rooms for a couple of months now.

This year's trip is going to be our longest ever (timewise and mileage) and it will be taking us from Lake George, NY up to Alexandria Bay, then back down to Watkins Glen before heading down into PA and the Poconos.

For more details check out the Rod Run's website/forum, or the Northeast Rod Run's Facebook page. As always I'm always available by email also. In the coming weeks and months there will be much more details listed on the Rod Run's forum, so check back often

Thanks for reading and hope to see some of you on this year's trip.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:06 PM

I was checking out your site and I think it's an awesome organization you have going. When is the trip this year?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StreetVizions
I was checking out your site and I think it's an awesome organization you have going. When is the trip this year?
All the dates are on the site. It is during the first week in October. this year is a bit different than usual because it's our 5th year anniversary, so it's a bit longer than normal.

Just to keep it easier for people to plan on year after year, except for this one time (and probably our 10th when it gets here) it's always over the first weekend in October.

To your benefit, this is our first year ever in cruising through PA, although we do have people come up from PA every year, to join us on our northern runs.

Love to have you join us.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:58 PM
3rd Gear Member

Here's a link to the first half of last year's video. Hope you all enjoy. I should have the second half posted up within a few days

http://www.streetfire.net/video/2011...-1_2383459.htm

so who's joining us this October?

Last edited by 1969 SS; 04-26-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:51 PM
3rd Gear Member

here's the final part of last year's video

2011 Northeast Rod Run pt. 2 - Car Videos on StreetFire

Old 05-31-2012, 10:07 PM
3rd Gear Member

Most people have already booked their hotels and we'll be ending the period where you can sign up for track time at watkins glen pretty soon.

If you plan on joining us this year, you might want to make sure you have everything set pretty soon

Old 06-12-2012, 11:12 PM
3rd Gear Member

Just trying to give everyone fair warning here.

I am attending the Good Guys show in Springfield, MA this weekend and then going to the GM National in Carlisle, PA next weekend and after I get back from those two events, I'll be getting everything together to send payment into Watkins Glen for our track time

With that being said, if you plan on joining us on the track and haven't contacted me yet, I suggest you do so ASAP so you don't miss out. Since I am going to be busy and not going to be on here much, I suggest you contact me by email because if not, you have a good chance at missing out because it's so close to the deadline

Can't wait to see everyone in about 3 1/2 months. It's going to be here before you know it

Old 07-14-2012, 11:25 AM
3rd Gear Member

As of today, there are only 3 weeks left to book some of this year's Rod Run hotels at a discounted rate. After that, some of them go up almost $50/night, if they still have rooms available

Anyone that delays any longer, could cost themselves a couple of hundred dollars extra

Old 07-16-2012, 12:18 PM
3rd Gear Member

Final Itinerary for this year's trip

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

There will be a get together at Mt Wachusett Wachusett Mountain Ski Area - Princeton, Massachusetts that morning. From there we will cruise west on the Mohawk Trail (Route 2), before heading into New York and taking 87N, where we will be making a lunchtime stop for a visit at the Saratoga Auto museum saratogaautomuseum.org/ . We should be meeting up with more of the group there, before finishing the day at Lake George. If the weather nice that day, we can also take a drive up Prospect Mountain Veterans Memorial Highway before. http://http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P...morial_Highway

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

We will start the day cruising up Route 28, as we connect onto Route 30, before heading west along Route 3 to finish our day's drive at Alexanderia Bay Official Website: Alexandria Bay Chamber of Commerce, Thousand Islands NY

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Our first stop this day will be at the Antique Boat Museum Antique Boat Museum. From there the trip will continue along the New York Seaway Trail Great Lakes Seaway Trail until we finish our day's drive in Geneva, NY and the Finger Lakes region Finger Lakes Regional Tourism Authority on Places to Stay, Where to Eat and Things to Do - Finger Lakes Tourism Alliance

Friday, October 5, 2012

While this day's drive is the shortest of the whole trip (approx. 150 miles), it is also our highlight day. NERR will be taking a Thunder Road tour (for those that have pre-paid) on the track at Watkins Glen International http://www.theglen.com/Plan-Your-Vis...oad-Tours.aspx. After that we will be driving into Pennsylvania PA Route 6 Tourist Association - Welcome!
and ending the day at clark's Summit

Saturday, October 6, 2012

This day has a lot of weather dependent stops. Our first stop will be a drive up Pocono ****, that overlooks the Delaware Water Gap. For those that are interested in a bit of walking, our next stop will be a sidetrip to Bushkill Falls Bushkill Falls | The Niagara of Pennsylvania. From there NERR will be going to Bear Mountain as we take a cruise up Perkins Memorial Drive before finishing out our final day in Newburgh

If time allows we are going to try to take a tour of a motorcycle museum motorcyclepediamuseum.org/, or maybe even get a shop tour of Orange County Choppers Orange County Choppers while we are in the area

Old 08-04-2012, 10:45 AM
3rd Gear Member

Oh yes.... the tix are in!!!

Name:  DSCN7333.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  155.2 KB

Also, if any people did want to go but missed the cutoff date, as long as I receive payment by September 7th, we can actually get more spots on the track

Quick Reply: 2012 Northeast Rod Run