Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Twin Turbo 68 RS camaro..

Old 02-06-2009, 01:30 PM
July 2007 ROTM
Default Twin Turbo 68 RS camaro..

Thats right after years of wanting to do this and after learning more and more about it and seeing twins under the hood of MANY local friends cars,im in like flyn!

My camaro shot apart that junkyard motor this past December at Bradenton motorsports park so here whats going in..

I bought a new Dart splayed block and complete forged assembly and im running about 8.2.1 with 4.165 displacement...I have a new solid roller cam and roller lifters set up for the TT apllication...My dart heads will be freshened and re-used...The stuff is sitting at www.carsbyss.com waiting for assembly but im not rushing them as its a trade thing on labor and a few other things,but im hoping complete running in less than 3 months...

My friend owns a muffler and fabbing place and ordered stainless to build my custom headers and downpipes that will meet my existing exhaust that has the electric cut-outs....I have the wheel wells out so the turbos will sit foward between the battery area and theupper controlls and will be nicely centered...I have one turbo that was new and a great deal and kinda small PT-6031E,so im not sure what im doing there yet..

I will be running a Alky controll kitt with 2 nozzles instead of a intercooler...Depending on funds I may have to do the CSU blowthrew with wideband and run low boost and monitor it,A local guy has a second gen with twins and a CSU set-up with no issues..

More to come of course..

Im gona have to change my name as now I have the Grandnational,Typhoon and now the camaro will also be turbo,but twin turbo...

Heres my motor blow up video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIfrD...e=channel_page

Heres the GN and Typhoon
Name:  TyphoonandGrandnationalsig.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  25.5 KB

Old 02-06-2009, 09:02 PM
2nd Gear member

jeez, you have 2 of my dream cars..a typhoon, and the gnx....i watch that show all the time. must not have seen that episode tho. how much hp are you planning on getting out of it?

Old 02-07-2009, 10:34 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Two very nice rides man

Old 02-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Overdrive Member

woah tommy is actually posting over here

Old 02-07-2009, 02:36 PM
July 2007 ROTM

Originally Posted by ls1s13
jeez, you have 2 of my dream cars..a typhoon, and the gnx....i watch that show all the time. must not have seen that episode tho. how much hp are you planning on getting out of it?
I wish it was a GNX,those are bringing in over 100k,my car is a GN.
Im going to keep it on the low end with low safe boost,Id guess around 700-800..

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7
Two very nice rides man
Thanks alot..

Originally Posted by Alih
woah tommy is actually posting over here
Where you been?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Overdrive Member

Sounds like you'll have a pretty nice setup.

Just like that one (de)motivational poster says: "Boost: And you though crack was addicting"

Old 02-10-2009, 10:02 PM
2nd Gear member

sounds like u have more money than u know what to do with lol

Old 02-12-2009, 09:41 AM
July 2007 ROTM

Originally Posted by RS96LSU
sounds like u have more money than u know what to do with lol
Actually im broke,the camaro was bought 18 years ago for $2500,the Typhoon was bought for 2k,the gn was a refinance and the twins is alot of trading,friends and giving up the race motor that came with the GN and the rest will be credit card and paid off slowly like Im really good at doing..
Ive been selling alot of things to help fund this project,yesterday I sold both go-carts I had slowly built..

Old 02-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Overdrive Member

Originally Posted by tommynos

Where you been?
been busy with work and school man, ill check in with you guys this weekend

Old 04-28-2009, 08:46 PM
July 2007 ROTM

Here is my new dart block back from www.carsbyss.com ,fully ported dart heads and intake,new CSU 850 carb with CSU bonnet and a bunch of extras....Thanks FTI for setting up the converter and ill be going to RevExtreme to get it tuned in...Like I said I just got it back and will drop it in tonight and plumb the turbos this weekend....Cant wait to get this on the road

Name:  twinturboproject002.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  91.5 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Twin Turbo 68 RS camaro..