Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

TURBO QUESTION!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 10:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Default TURBO QUESTION!!!

Hey guys, i'm looking to add some power to my small block, i want something cheap cuz i have other project going on and i'm in school, i was think a twin turbo setup, but the question is is that i was wondering if i could do that off of a carburated motor, and how would I go about hooking that up, also i'm looking for some recommendations on what you guys think i should do, supercharger or turbo, and if you guys know of any kits that i can get, i was wondering if i could get just 2 random turbos and put them on with piping, or do i have to get certain ones that will work with my motor? any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:00 AM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!
Default RE: TURBO QUESTION!!!

well if your talking cheap your not talking turbo with all the mods you have put in to protect it from the heat and other side affect of the turbo will cost a arm and a foot keep most of the leg though

Old 10-13-2007, 12:49 AM
1st Gear Member

is a supercharger a lot easier to install, as far as other mods and stuff like that, i mean, its a built motor, the only thing that is stock is the connecting rods and the crankshaft, but they are all remanufactured, so the only thing that i would really need for the supercharger is the pulley, intake, and other minor accessories, i could be wrong, if so, could you give me the correct info.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:00 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

your essenatlly right however if your going to try to install a super charger without prior knowledge of doing so it wont be easy

Old 10-13-2007, 12:17 PM
1st Gear Member

do you know of a website that has some great tips on how to install one, and maybe, do you know of anywhere i can get one for a decent price, i don't care if its not brand new.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:36 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

well i mean if you feel you can fab some things and dont mind used you can get good tips on ebay thing about turbo set ups is there not all the same but the all have to hook in through your intake eventually

Old 10-14-2007, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

is it possible to run turbos from a carburated motor.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:09 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

the answer is............... yes

do i know how.................no lol

Old 10-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Ninja Administrator

your big issues are going to be mounting and oiling. otherwise its straight bolt up for either system. if you buy a completed kit it wont be hard at all to install. however, you MUST tune the car afterwards. since its a carb motor you could do it urself. however you will want to buy a wideband o2 sensor so you can monitor A/F so u dont burn ur internals. the LC-1 is what i run and it can be run through ur firewall straight into a laptop so u can still use it with carb motors.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member

do you know of any kits that I can use, something that is decent, if you could send me a link to that product that would be great, thanks.

Quick Reply: TURBO QUESTION!!!