Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

STS TURBO

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 06:50 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club
Default STS TURBO

Hey every one. This is for any one thats ran the STS rear turbo system. Is there any one that ahas positive or negitive to say about the system or tuning with it. I would expect a little more lag than a normal turbo in the engine bay due to the longer pips but tuning on them doesnt look to bad. Any input is welcome.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: STS TURBO

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/te...rbo/index.html

However, I really have my doubts about this one. If it works as well as they say, why are the factories going through the trouble of mounting the turbo as close to the engine as possible.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:28 AM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

honestly bro exaught pips are designed to reduce the pressure and heat at which exaught fuems flow out of your car since you need that pressure to spin the turbo whats the bloody point of putting it in back it just makes it less affective

Old 10-26-2007, 06:14 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

Not true. Becase its so far back from the engine you dont have to worry about the heat from the turbo. Also the turbo acts as a muffler and only has about 2 feet of exhaust after it so there is no back pressure. Also the long pipe that runs back to the engine acts as a small Intercooler. Its easy to install and makes good every day power.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:22 AM
3rd Gear Member

But what are the advantages over an engine mounted turbo? Cost? Driveability?

Old 11-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: BigNic

honestly bro exaught pips are designed to reduce the pressure and heat at which exaught fuems flow out of your car since you need that pressure to spin the turbo whats the bloody point of putting it in back it just makes it less affective
If that's the case, then car companies wouldn't put mufflers on cars, and would run open exhaust pipes through the hood...

Old 11-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Fancy Sparkle

ORIGINAL: LT1RUNNER

But what are the advantages over an engine mounted turbo? Cost? Driveability?
gas mileage will be slightly better because the turbo's not going to be spooling like mad all the time. it's almost a better setup for a BB that you want to look like a sleeper. a BB isn't going to have trouble spooling a rear mount because of the amount of air flow out the exhaust. it's also better for racing apps (like road racing, not drag) because of the delay you get once the gas is applied. you don't get the hammer of G0D surge right off the bat, but that means better traction out of the corner

Old 12-11-2007, 06:58 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

I know this is old but for the lag part.

"I thought I had a fast ride before I put the turbo system on, and I was right, but now! The car really screams!
I had second thoughts after I ordered the system. I thought, "There is no way this thing can be that good, the lag is going to be terrible!" I had to eat my words the first time I drove my T/A! The only thing I could think was "Holy *&#%" I had to lift off the throttle, it scared me that bad. What lag!?! None. The boost hits, and it hits HARD!
Cobras don't stand a snowballs chance in hell. Yes it's that good. And it's worth the money. The only thing I wished I'd done different, ORDERED THE KIT ALOT SOONER!!!"
Shawn Coleman, White Sulphur Springs - West Virginia

Old 12-11-2007, 08:48 PM
4th Gear Member

the lag shouldne be THAT bad, maybe max of .5sec longer, at max, and for street racing, that shouldnt matter to much, and you can just brake boost to get ur pressure back up anyway.. i always thought one of those would be good for like a truck, not something to be fast, but something you want to surprise people and have umph to it. only thing i dont like is it acting like a muffler(want teh loudness), and that it would be hard on a "true" dual exhaust(not just split after muffler)

Old 12-12-2007, 04:48 AM
ROTM Winner's Club

True duel = Twin turbo.

Quick Reply: STS TURBO