Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

question about how to use nitrous on a window switch

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 02:42 AM
Default question about how to use nitrous on a window switch

i bought a 00 camaro about 2 months ago and it has a custom nx wet kit 150shot and i have never used this nitrous stuff before. i went to the track cause the place that built it said all u do is flip the activation switch and turn the bottle on and go.it has an msd window switch. the on side of the switch is just connected with a piece of wire rather than an rpm chip the high side is on 6200 which is redline. when i went to the track using the nitrous i had a really bad backfire that exploded my intake manifold.one of my questions is that when i launched i didnt have the motor redline. i lwaited until the light turned green then i slammed the gas and dropped the clutch so it probably grabbed at like 3k and drug it down.as i find out now ppl tell me u have to have it redlined and then drop the clutch on green. is this true and also if someone could explain a little about how to use this system the right way cause i am completly confused never used nitrous a day in my life nor have my friends and the company that built it isnt very good and giving instructions on how to use it thanks alot guys much appreciated!

Bryce

Old 12-03-2006, 01:43 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: question about how to use nitrous on a window switch

Call the manufacturer. NOS isn't a thing that You do with guesswork as You've already found out. If You're out of wack with the NOS - Gas mix, it'll jlean out and blow. Expensive mistake.

Old 12-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Droid

If you insist on running nitrous, change to an aluminum manifold, instead of plastic. Otherwise you will be buying new manifolds every time the car has nitrous sneeze.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:40 AM

you may want to set the window switch a little lower because if it is set at the redline and the car hits the rev limiter it will cause damage to the motor. and im not sure if you want to hold it at the redline and dump the clutch... my car runs best if i hold it at about 3 grand and feather the clutch so the car dont bog or spin the tires. I also try to leave on the last yellow lite unless you stage deep it may lower your reaction time. i have also been told that the stock fuel system not deliver enough fuel to support alot of nitrous. and if it leans out it will cause damage and or a backfire

Old 12-20-2006, 10:15 AM

A more appropriate way to solve your problem would be to put a nitrous contoller on the car and give yourself a way to adjust how the nitrous comes in. Then the more you get used to the way the car launches the more aggressive you can get with your nitrous system.