Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Possible Turbo V6 Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 07:58 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club
Default Possible Turbo V6 Build

I was thinking supercharger, but I'm finding that a turbo has the potential to be cheaper. But I'm getting a headache trying to figure it all out. So far from what I've read, it's possible to do the complete turbo kit for around $1000. You can't buy a supercharger for that much. My idea is to use an exhaust manifold from a fwd car, such as a bonneville, or gtp. I'll keep a pacesetter header on the other side. Then route the exhaust from the driver side, over to the other manifold, and connect it. I got the idea from this picture:

That's how the exhaust will work. For the rest, I'll cut the middle out of my front bumper, and mount an intercooler inside. I'll relocate the batter to the back for a little more wiggle room. I can get a turbo off ebay, everyone on ftv6 seems to like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4...mZ370095645604

With my resources at the wrecking yard, and with metal shops all over town, I think this is becoming partially realistic. But there's still plenty that I don't fully understand, like how to run the exhaust exit from the turbo.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:05 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: Possible Turbo V6 Build

Crap, I think that's a factory GN motor in the pic.....Not a gtp manifold, that's for sure.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Overdrive Member

I am not real hip on how to setup a turbo, but I would think you would want both exhaust manifolds coming to a y and then mount to the turbo. I would think it would run slighty odd with one side flowing free and the other having to spin a turbo. Not sure if it would make a difference or not. Just something to think about.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:12 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

That's what I started thinking about. I email tiago at FFF to see about headers only. I can tackle the rest I think. I've got a lot more research to do. But I'm having a hard time focusing on reading due to the loons down the hall yelling about World of Warcraft[&:]

Old 10-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Overdrive Member

Ask them if they know Leeroy Jenkins... You will have to watch that video. It is funny as hell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

Old 10-16-2008, 10:24 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I've never played it, but that's funny. I don't think they'll here me ask, their brains have become one with their laptops.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Ninja Administrator

just yell it when u go past their rooms. "LEEROOOOYYYYYY NNNNNNNNNJEEEEEEEEEEENKINS!!!"

Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

I should

Now they're cussing and yelling at each other about how they got beat by something. lol, glad I don't play that game.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:49 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Alright, I learned some more. The stock lifters are actually better than most of the aftermarket. Same with the pushrods. That kinda surprised me. Also, our heads have a 3 angle valve grind stock, kinda cool. So I'll be doing rings, bearings, cam, springs, gaskets, and possibly the turbo with intercooler. Still waiting on tiago about the headers. I'm also looking into a remote turbo.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:44 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

If you are working on a budget you could find a used STS kit and make it work for the V6. You may have to extend a few pipes and have the upper charge pipe made to fit but for the most part the kit will bolt right up with just a few miner exceptions that can be adjusted and fixed for less then 200 bucks i would say. just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Possible Turbo V6 Build