Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Is nitrous cheating?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Is nitrous cheating?

just trying to get yalls opinion

i say no

Old 06-12-2007, 11:01 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Is nitrous cheating?

im going to say no because that just means that racer came prepared to win, if you aint got it then you werent prepared, same as a fight, if one person came with just his fist and the other came with a knife, well the guy with the knife came prepared

Old 06-12-2007, 11:06 AM
May 2007 ROTM

No the guy with the knife is a weak punk...........It's only cheating if Somebody your racing asks if you have it, and you say no I don't have it.....Other then that it's the same as headers, cam's and all the other things that add Hp.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Droid

I agree with 74464bb, even though nitrous is not my thing.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:15 PM
2nd Gear member

Nitrious is not my thing despite the fact we use a lot on the Camaro. I prefer power that is there all the time.

But regardless, even when the system is hidden completely so you can have your opponent do an open hood inspection before a for-dollars street race, no, NOS is not cheating (caveat street-racer).

Old 06-12-2007, 09:20 PM
4th Gear Member

you put on an exaust, its a mod and it adds horsepower.

you put nitrous on, its a mod and it adds horsepower.

so why is doing one mod not cheating and doing nitrous is?

Old 06-12-2007, 10:30 PM
2nd Gear member

ok im cut in half yes an no but i personaly like all motor but nitrous is a very cool upgrade, i just think its cheating because ricers in mn have a stock import an throw a 300 shot with a big *** tank an fly around thinkin there fast when in all , they only have a bottle and a cheap *** car, compared to a nice camaro ss that comes with power, so i say yes in a way but then agian i wanna get some thnx to my good pal nick lol because its pretty sweet, this is just to touchy for me hahaha

Old 06-12-2007, 11:49 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: bluovlh8er

you put on an exaust, its a mod and it adds horsepower.
you put nitrous on, its a mod and it adds horsepower.
so why is doing one mod not cheating and doing nitrous is?
my thoughts exactly

it works on the same concept as a SC or turbo, it justs adds more fuel and air for a bigger boom.

the only difference is that i have a bottle with pressurized gas that sprays air and they have a complex rotating assembly that does the same thing.

and i know your gona end up spraying 98ss

Old 06-13-2007, 01:29 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

i think the bottle is cheating for one reason in that once you spray you out and your car is not that fast again until you fill it back up you put an exaughst on and the power stays its a tempory over increase the power

Old 06-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: BigNic

i think the bottle is cheating for one reason in that once you spray you out and your car is not that fast again until you fill it back up you put an exaughst on and the power stays its a tempory over increase the power
[&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]
Its CHEATING because it doesnt last?????? so with a bottle, you have the possibility that you will run out or you wont maintain pressure and your car becomes slower. that sounds to me like a disadvantage as compared to things like sc/turbo or cam. since when has cheating been about disadvantages?

and to the guys who talk about hiding the nitrous system: doesnt that then make cams cheating? you cannot identify the exact cam a car has, and that could make all the difference in a race.

I say no in a big way [8D]

Quick Reply: Is nitrous cheating?