Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Best dry kit for LT1?

Old 01-25-2008, 02:41 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Best dry kit for LT1?

Sorry if this question has been answered before but I didn't see it if it has. One thing I'm a newbie with is nitrous, but I'm considering getting a small shot (80 or less) dry kit for my '96 z28. I need to find it cheap ($500 or less) and I want to get one made for the LT1 specifically. Any suggestions?

Old 01-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: Best dry kit for LT1?

if u want it made for the lt1 specifically you are talking plate system or direct port, neither of which are necessary for a dry kit of such small size.

if you are a newbie I would suggest ZEX. they have about the easiest kit available. the jetting is the only thing that is motor specific, otherwise the bottle, lines, nozzle, and solenoid can fit any car. that is the beauty of nitrous, u just need a hole in ur intake to spray into.

are u auto or stick?

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...NITROUSSYSTEMS
this is a little more expensive than ur looking for, but i bet u can find one cheaper online somewhere.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:48 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm auto. Thanks for the help.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Ninja Administrator

i havent installed one on the auto, but i think the tranny is strong enough to spray through shifts but not sure.

I frankensteined my nitrous kit together. as long as u have solenoids, a bottle, and lines u can make it work. just drill a hole in ur air tube, put in the nozzle, and spray it in. ur fine

for a dry kit put the nozzle in before the MAF. very easy

Old 01-26-2008, 04:20 PM
1st Gear Member

So I assume the following kit would work on an LT1 even though it says it's for LS1 on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Camar...spagenameZWDVW

Not that I'm definitely going to get that, but just want to make sure that it would work just as easily on my car.

Also, most kits have a 50 and a 75 jet. Anyone know if there would be any difference in long term durability or would the 75 shot not be any harder on my engine after repeated use over the years? I'm obviously looking for an extra boost in power from time to time, but I can't afford to blow an engine or tranny anytime soon.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Ninja Administrator

ull be fine with that kit. im not sure why they are model specific when they sell them. really the only thing that can make it model specific is a plate or direct port kit.

if u think about it, companies usually on make a couple nozzle designs, a few different lenths of hose, and a few bottle models. its all pretty universal

Search this Thread