Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

alternative supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: alternative supercharger

i dont think youve actually said what you drive yet

Old 11-23-2008, 11:12 AM
In the Staging Lanes

if your smart, you get alot done with 250. go to pepboys make your own cai then buy a throttle body bypass or air foil...you could buy a set of headers.....you could do alot with 250 depending on your application.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member

i drive a 2001 v6 camaro.
and i will check that site out

Old 11-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Ninja Administrator

not alot you can do for real power with only 250. I prefer name brand parts because I can trust there is some R&D behind them. CAIs that have been slapped together without any testing can actually restrict flow, even if they filter is relocated.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:46 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

There is more to forced induction then just "BOOST PRESSURE" First off Let me tell you its crap and it could hurt you more then it would help. WHY? because your 3.8 will probalyout flow the amount of air that little fan can force down your TB. Think about it do your realy think a little electric fan can breath more air then air then your engine. If you think so i challenge you to go out side hold your TB open around 3000 rpms and stick your hand in front of the TB and then come back and tell us if you think its flowing good. There are many factors that create "BOOST" (flow, PSI, Volume) plus other factors all have to be taken in to factor. for 250 bucks you could go to a muffler shop and have a good cat back made,buy a Y-pipe,Or pick up a lid and K&N filter and you would see better gains.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Droid

Get aTurbonator, just as good as the heater blower you want to install, and no wiring involved. Either one is guaranteed to decrease engine power output by 5%. lol

Old 11-25-2008, 11:54 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I will try and look for it, but the last forum I was in found an article on testing done for electric super chargers as opposed to just a CAI or even the stock. Basically it fell somewhere in between. It was better than the stock intake, and IF it had some sort of external power source , then it was as helpful as a CAI. However, the VERY little gain it had was actually cancelled out by the power it required to run the blower. Like was said before, you are better off taking the $150-$200 and getting the Cold Air Intake that is sold around on e-bay. I have heard they work pretty good (not as good as the $250+ K&N or other brand ones, but still not bad). They may not be the best, but you will see alot more gain out of them than you will out of this.

This is mostly my opinion, but I will try and find the actual numbers from the article, but I would not waste my money on it when there are so many other things to get. Over all get some cosmetic stuff done before spending money on an electric supercharger.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:20 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Wisper lid is 180 bucks with K&N filter. I did notice a small diffrence in response and i have been very happy with it. just for the record.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:31 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks alot for the input
im probabely going to buy the ebay cold air intake with a k@N air filter

Old 11-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Ninja Administrator

I would go exhaust. you will enjoy it more than an intkae

Quick Reply: alternative supercharger