New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

What would you do? Test drive goes bad...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Default What would you do? Test drive goes bad...

Here's the deal, have a car for sale locally for $5600 a 92 z28. Have someone come look at it would like to take it for a test ride. Now mind you the car is off the road, no plates. So I say ok, and go with him figured we could go around the block maybe 2 miles total. Well everything goes well he gets on it a little no big deal. Go to pull out to head back to my house he gets on it good in 1st power shifts to 2nd, bang, and its like he slammed on the brakes except he didn't touch the brakes. Turns out I think he blew the tranny. Now i'm kind of in a bind for money, and he pretty much blew my chance at selling this car unless I dump $2000 into to have the tranny replaced. Do I have any course of action??? There was no signs of trans problems before this, in fact I had taken the same around the drive block before of course without powershifting. Anyone else have this happen to you and what did you do if anything about it.

Any answers are appreciated.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:32 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: What would you do? Test drive goes bad...

Welcome to the forums, I am really sorry to hear of your loss, that sucks a$$ large. I don't think you can really do much other than beat the hell out of him. Best bet is to call small claims court and run it by them. Do you have any pic's of your ride?.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Overdrive Member

what did the driver say after it happened ?

Old 05-05-2007, 01:22 AM
May 2007 ROTM

he power shifted it, We all know that is bad if you don't do it right you break it, yes his fault.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 87iroczz

Anyone else have this happen to you and what did you do if anything about it.

Any answers are appreciated.
I carried a lil slugger baseball bat in my Camaro, for the 36 years I have owned it, thats why its still looking good even after all this time. There are VERY few people who I have let drive my car. (Even had to take it away from the wife!!) LoL

So IF I was selling it and they wanted a 'test' ride it would be in the passenger seat, unless of course they had a BIG pile of money for me to hold while they drove. Then if it blows, I get out of the car with my money, and wish him luck.

After your deal you should have asked him if that would be cash or will you need to get financing for the car. But really you should have laid down the ground rules....you break it, you buy it.....

Anyway heres your chance to learn to rebuild trannys.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:26 PM
June 2007 ROTM

welcome!