New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

WARNING: Do Not Do Business with Ron Everett Jr

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Default WARNING: Do Not Do Business with Ron Everett Jr

Hey guys:

Sorry to be a new member dropping some bad Camaro community news.
I am member of a number of forums with an outstanding track record for input to the communities and buying/selling (to which I am happy to make references)

I have a 64 LeMans which I am restoring and needed back seats. Found a guy local to me Ron Everett from the Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park area of LA. Talked to him on the phone I told him all I cared about was that the frames were good and the springs were good since they needed to be recovered for a LeMans and not a Chevelle. I drive an hour to his place and he gives me card which says the following

Ron Everett Jr
Ron's Recycled Parts 62-72 Chevelle, Nova and Camaro Parts
714-276-3859 cell
oldparts62@yahoo.com

and says that hes been doing this for a long time etc etc. Cool, was happy to meet someone I could use as a parts resource. I look at the seats, and they look fine to me, but I also havent spent much time with a set of the underside of these backseats either.

Bring them home, rip the covers off and reupholster them (first time reupholstering a back seat too). I just use the same places the old covers were ringed. Afterwards I sit them in the car and I realize they are all sagged down. I have a 65 Tempest too - I pull those back seats and notice that half the structure is gone when side by side. (the side I hadnt upholstered yet is this pic)

Now 1st: I fully admit, buyer beware. And I blame myself before I blame anyone else. But none the less I was assured a few times by a "Chevelle parts guy" that they were perfect.

I email him twice with no response back. (the next two are after we talked on the phone)

I call him up and say Hey man, listen I'm bummed out you said these were good, can you try to make good on it somehow. Says he had no clue they were bad, he needs a couple weeks to talk to the guy he bought them from. Also tells me "So you're just complaining man, what do you want me to do" Which mind you I'm one of the most clam even keeled people you will ever meet, I was simply telling my story. Anyway I figured thr two weeks to call the guy was BS, but said ok, I'll call you in a couple weeks. Called him today. Said he was waiting on me to email him. False. And I did. 4 times. (twice after we talked on the phone to resend since he said he didn get the pics) Was told he didnt see the guy. Told he could have sold the covers. I said, ok you can have them ( I kept the old Chevelle ones). Which he says well what do you want me to do, I'm not giving you any money back. Again I remind that he advertised them as good frames, assured me twice they were good frames and was told he does this for a living and he knows al about these cars. He then tells me "Ya man well you were the one telling me how you make all these millions of dollars from restoring cars so you should have known better" 1) I dont restore cars for a living 2) never said that. Anyway, I told him here is the way I look at it. You can either some type of partial refund on them ( I have to keep the frames now because I already installed the covers and because they are installed on a bad frame the parts of the vinyl which are hog ringed will be shown with holes on a good frame. Sigh.) or I will just spread the word not to do business with you. I would have been thrilled if he said hey man sorry, how is $50 or $100 or something. Maybe I am expecting too much from people. I digress. I was then told "F**k you".

Maybe I'm just too naive, but I felt like it even if it wasnt knowingly a sale of bad seats because he didnt know, his actions, words and general attitude were of exactly his last words. So please WATCH dong business with this guy. He obviously doesnt care what kind of person is is to his "customers" or the car community.

The other side.

Anyway, be careful!

Rob