New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Texas 1969 Z28 Tribute

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Default Texas 1969 Z28 Tribute

Greetings to all. Just bought my newest toy a 1969 Z28 tribute.

Has a very nice 327 with Edelbrock aluminum heads, intake, carb, headers...etc. Factory AC (big deal in Texas), steering and 4 wheel power drum brakes.

I'm having the stripes in the rear fixed (wrong spacing) and adding some big brakes next week.

It's had a full restoration and is incredibly straight and clean.

Built at Norwood in the 1st week of November 1969 so it's a late year 69.

Paint 59/59: Frost Green
Trim 723: Midnight Green Standard

It's a non SS X11 car.

I've never been big on green cars but this one got me... something different... I've always been a red or black car guy but I fell for it hook line and sinker. Should stand out nicely in a sea of other cars. The paint really pops in sunlight.

I'm looking at a Gear Vendors OD for the TH400 and may go to black interior at some point but it's just too clean to replace/dye right now. 3.73's in the rear.

The 327 is very nice, idles with AC nicely but has a real bark to it, very responsive.

I'm sure I'll start making it to some of the local shows and gatherings so if you are in the DFW area let me know what's going on.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:38 PM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Wow.....awesome!!!....welcome to the forum.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:44 PM

Thanks. The photos don't do it justice. I was there today to go over some details, going to restripe and reclear the whole car, replace the door weather stripping...was hard and cracked, and of course the 13" brakes. Took it for a spin down the road before teardown.. man she hits hard! Really nice powerplant.

Should be ready late next week.