New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

So here is my story...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 07:36 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default So here is my story...

I am a Cali girl by birth and have spent all but the last five years of my life there. (Not counting my world travels) Now I live int he united States of Texas...Dallas to be exact. Anyway...I have always loved things that moved fast...cars...motorcycles...jets... whatever. In 1986 I purchased a brand new Toyota MR2 off the showroom floor. I totally LOVED that little car. It is a stick and man did I put some miles on her....211,000 to be exact. She runs like a dream. But I have always had my eyes on the Camaro. If I had my way I would own a 69...but I have always felt that was a bit too much car for me to handle. Anyway fast forward to a year ago. I let a friend of mine borrow my little MR2 and it was involved in an accident. A big mean truck came across the top and yanked off the pop up lights and crunched the hood. Of course the insurance totaled the car. Of course I purchased it back since these little cars have the engine in the back and nothing had happen there. So I had the car fixed and began driving again. But you know...it was never the same...I mean...someone else had wrecked it and it was like it wasn't even my car anymore. My mind started wandering to something different...Camaro's! (I know...I know...give a woman a reason to shop...*lol*) Anyway...last night I purchased a White 2002 Camaro with grey interior. Man...just the sound of the engine makes me wiggle in my seat..(get your minds out of the gutter...I'm talking about driving fun here!) It is an automatic...which is good for my knees (I'm getting up there in the years) and the only fault I could find with it is that the console has a few tiny cracks. I'm happy with it and will be posting pics next weekend. Of course I have all sorts of neat plans for it...new sound system....fresh wheels...performance muffler..header etc. It doesn't really need any of that...but what the heck...it's a camaro. The best part is that it matches my kitty Twinkle.....now if I can just get my motorcycle painted white....

So that's me...I'll have lots of silly questions etc and I do hope you will all humor me.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:16 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: So here is my story...

welcomeLS1 V8 or V6? post some pics

Old 07-08-2007, 10:40 AM
January 2007 ROTM

Welcome to forums and thx for registering with us.

Sounds as though you have yourself a great new toy !! Make sure you post up some pics of your new toy for the rest of us to see.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:46 AM
June 2007 ROTM

welcome!

Old 07-09-2007, 09:17 PM

...she said Kitty Twinkle....

Welcome.....need pics

Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 PM
May 2007 ROTM

Welcome to the forums, have some fun and like the rest I'm waiting on the pics....and congrats on the car.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

What exactly is a kitty twinkle?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:59 AM

Welcome and enjoy your new toy! Post pics!

Old 07-10-2007, 09:36 PM
2nd Gear member

Good to have ya

Old 07-11-2007, 01:22 AM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cplthomas

What exactly is a kitty twinkle?
LOL, welcome.

Quick Reply: So here is my story...