New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Should I???

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Default RE: Should I???

Alright i'm going tokeep looking around, thanks for advice guys!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:25 PM

I agree with the others, you should hold-off for awhile! I always wait until I can buy 'distressed' vehicles (ie- ones that the owner can't keep, or that have a problem that I can fix...) & so, i get them for ALOT less money! I have bought two '70 & '71 RS, that have needed motors/ rebuilt (one for $500, & one for $400), I have bought them with bad carburetors, which made them run horribly & smoke (different carb, & they were great!), I have bought one with a 'bad tranny' that I found a ripped modulator line on, & drove it home (for $200!), & I have bought them after they were wrecked &with a couple hundred dollars in parts & paint, have doubled the value of them (for about three days worth of work! Like my red coupe I repaired- see photo).
So, if you are mechanically inclined, or if you can do body-work, (or if you paint or repair houses, etc. for trading...) I would recommend buying your vehicles 'distressed'!
Good luck!
John

Old 06-26-2007, 03:01 PM
3rd Gear Member

Where in Canada is this Camaro for $3200.00?, it's not really that bad of a price.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:07 PM

it was no good man, the tranny sounds like its about to blow ,it has a loud humm in 1st and second when u take off which it barly had any power at all...it was also vandilized the two small fog lights were kicked out and the rear fender kicked in the poor thing had been abused.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:03 AM
January 2007 ROTM

I would have to agree with Blade ......... I don't think that this would be a good investment.