New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Prostreet or Protouring?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Prostreet or Protouring?

OK Camaro guys and girls,
I am at the point of the body work where I need to decide whether I'm going to minitub or full tub this car. I know thatnothing beats the big Mickeys, but I have not seen to many protouring cars here in Oklahoma.
What are some of the advantages of either. I like both styles, just looking for advice from you guys out there who see these cars on a regular basis. Everyones opinions are welcome.

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/k...ork-67Project/ Thanks,Shawn

Old 04-19-2008, 07:18 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: Prostreet or Protouring?

Welcome. Looks like you already had some serious work done to it. To answer your question depends on you. What are you looking for. If you want to race (and try to make money that way) I would go with street, if you want to drive it and show it (and try to make money that way) go touring. Personally I like the touring look and will go that way with my 69.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:04 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Hey thanks for the response cplthomas,
I am not going to race the car for money or show it for money. I just want something nice to rumble around town once in a while. Maybe make a show and shine or a cruise.I have had a couple carsin the past. A 23Tbucket Roadster, abeautiful show car. Also a 56 Chevy Belair which I did a complete frame off, and is my favorite. So as I mature in age my choice of vehicles has also matured. Natural progression I suppose. Ihave done all the work on the camaro in my tiny garage so far. I enlisted my nephewwho is also a car nut to help with the disassembly work. He is now inKuwait and Iam trying to do as much work as possible myself. Some of the body work and paiint I will need help on though.All that being said, I like both styles,street or touring and either would fill the need. Although touring seems to be the style of choice for most these days. Thanks

Old 04-20-2008, 10:15 PM
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum, looks like a fun project.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:12 AM
June 2007 ROTM

welcome to the site! Tub it! lol

Old 04-23-2008, 08:38 AM
4th Gear Member

welcome to the forums!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:07 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well guys thanks for the votes. I had only two votes so i'll break the tie. Full tubs it is. Always wanted a prostreetcar. Guees I'll finally have one now. Can't believe a topic like that only pulled in a couple responses.Now that I have a direction to go now I just need to get backto work on the car.Haven't turned a wrench in a week.Feel bad now...lol I'll keep the photobucket updated.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:03 AM
June 2007 ROTM

What do u need I might have some parts?

Old 04-30-2008, 06:49 AM
4th Gear Member

welcome to the site!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Blade I have a Christmas list a mile long...lolFour link, 9 inch, 35 spline axels,4:11 locker...lolI am now ordering tires and rims for the rear to figue out how wide the tubs and the rearend widths. Have ever heard anybody running Mickey street radials in 18" width?

Quick Reply: Prostreet or Protouring?