New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Not sure what I have!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008 | 07:07 PM
|
Default i know only a little now....

Thanks to everyone who helped! I am not familiar with cars at all being female but I Looked in the door! It says year model ... 1979! Now the question is z28 or not! I know when we first bought it the car was black! WE did the paint job! Was pretty proud of it cept we had to pull it from the body shop before the 3rd clear coat was applied due to finances I also know there used to be a z28 sticker on the passanger side fender close to the bottom. I thought it was ugly and removed it with baby oil! OOPS! There used to be these fender things on the bottom that wrapped around the front and almost touched the ground... they got pulled off during paint also.... have them but not painted I was going to have the holes they left filled and leave it like that! I thought the fender was something the previous owner added to make it look "race-y"???? Anyways anyone who can look it up by VIN # please help! vin #: 1Q87L9L560172! I know it has a 5.7litre 350 motor if that helps! All comments welcome!

Old 02-02-2008 | 07:18 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: i know only a little now....

Welcome to the forum.

Old 02-02-2008 | 07:26 PM
|

ok made a mistake about the vin! apparently in the door there were no last 4 #'s so got to go get the last 4 and will repost the vin for anyone trying to help me! "IF" you can do some search by licence # it is 449 WNA! will repost new vin sometime tonight! THANX!

Old 02-02-2008 | 08:39 PM
|

OK I am soooooo confused! Both the sticker in the door and the VIN plaque on the dash board are the same and the number is 1Q87L9L560172 ! I tried to look up the VIN myself and it said it had to be 17 characters and no "O" or "Q"! this is 13 with a Q! maybe because it is early model???? Someone please help before I give up on this car!

Old 02-03-2008 | 03:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Your vin# is correct for 1979
check out these two links, they are from the same site just two different places for info
http://www.chevy-camaro.com/chevy-camaro-VIN-decode.asp
http://www.chevy-camaro.com/chevy-ca...tag-decode.asp

I would almost bet its a Z/28, the Trim tag on the firewall will tell you more about the car
Read through the site I posted and you will find out a lot of info and they have pics for you to look at
The front air dam is factory and if it were mine I would put it back on. But thats whats nice about our car hobby is that you build the car the way you like it to look and can afford, not what everyone else thinks it should be.
Don't give up, you have a nice car to get started in this hobby withand you will learn as time goes on. And don't be afraid to ask any question on here that you want to know. someone will always like to help.