New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Newbie with a plan

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 12:56 AM
Default Newbie with a plan

Hey all! I am new to the Camaro community. So ya, I am in college right now and am studying Biology. I am planning on becoming a physical Therypist. But anyways, I recently got a challenge from my parents. I dont save money very well so they made me a challenge. If I can save up around 6K, I can get any car that I want with that money or whatever I save after that. But the challenge is is they dont think I can do it by the end of this coming summer. I have to save up atleast 5,500 becuase I can get about 1000 out of the car I have now. And so the reason I am on here is because I plan on buying a camaro with that money. I drove my friend's suped up camaro and absolutely loved it. So I am here to learn about the Camaro so I know exactly what I want and I will most likely be getting a camaro off this site. I have been looking at some of the classifieds on this website and see some very nice cars for a good price. So that is my plan. I would like to either buy a 95+ camaro or a 68 or 79. It needs to be a z28 though. And if it's one of the older cars, i want atleast a 350 in it with a few mods. And if it's one of the newer ones, I want one with atleast an LS1 with a few mods. And also thanks for any of the help you guys give me on this site.

Oh! By the way, my name is Kyle and I'm from Lincoln, Nebraska.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:28 AM
Default RE: Newbie with a plan

There are still deals out there - but becomming extremely rare. Ist you need to check out Wrecking Yards that have been around since time began and go there. Attend swap meets and discuss your plans with experienced Rodders whom always have good advice. Most important is a Garage. Your Garage is your Masseratti - without it - you will most certainly fail. No one can afford $60/hr shop time and storage fees today. You need a good Compressor, 5Hp if you can get one. Sandblasing and Epoxy Base Coating is essential.

Good Luck:

Old 09-19-2006, 08:49 PM
2nd Gear member

Welcome dude, ya any questions you have somebody on this site will be able to help or give advice. Good choice going with a maro

Old 09-20-2006, 07:20 PM
June 2007 ROTM

Welcome to the party. Have fun. Enjoy and ask as many questions as needed.

Old 09-23-2006, 11:15 PM
January 2007 ROTM

Hey all! I am new to the Camaro community. So ya, I am in college right now and am studying Biology. I am planning on becoming a physical Therypist. But anyways, I recently got a challenge from my parents. I dont save money very well so they made me a challenge. If I can save up around 6K, I can get any car that I want with that money or whatever I save after that. But the challenge is is they dont think I can do it by the end of this coming summer. I have to save up atleast 5,500 becuase I can get about 1000 out of the car I have now. And so the reason I am on here is because I plan on buying a camaro with that money. I drove my friend's suped up camaro and absolutely loved it. So I am here to learn about the Camaro so I know exactly what I want and I will most likely be getting a camaro off this site. I have been looking at some of the classifieds on this website and see some very nice cars for a good price. So that is my plan. I would like to either buy a 95+ camaro or a 68 or 79. It needs to be a z28 though. And if it's one of the older cars, i want atleast a 350 in it with a few mods. And if it's one of the newer ones, I want one with atleast an LS1 with a few mods. And also thanks for any of the help you guys give me on this site.

Oh! By the way, my name is Kyle and I'm from Lincoln, Nebraska.

Welcome to the forums Kyle !!!!!!!!!!!

First of all ......... GREAT CHOICE IN CHOOSING A CAMARO AS YOUR CHOICE OF RIDES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah it is easy to get the fever from riding in a suped up Camaro, but with the amount of money you are looking to spend I would most likely put all my attention to a 95+ .......... when you get down in the classic's ......... is will be very , very difficult to find on for the price range that you are looking for ...... not saying that it could not happen just saying that your best chance would be for the 95 + ...... just a thought.

I wish you all the best in your endeavor and hope that you succeed in your search !!!!!!!!!!

Post those questions when you get them !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2006, 09:02 AM
3rd Gear Member

Hope You get Your Car. Good Luck and enjoy the forum.