New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 12:32 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Cool newbie!

Hey all!

New here, just bought my first Camaro a couple of weeks ago, a 95 3.4 T-tops, to use as my DD. Needs some work (namely a new bumper skin, plus a few other body things) but I got it for $1200, with 130,000 miles.

Right now the car is sitting up on jack stands in the garage, missing a bumper cover, LH fender, and all the wheels

The wheels are off only because I am repainting them, the clear coat was coming off, and think some of it was permanently stained. So they are in the basement, sanded, primed, and need to be sanded again to get an even surface. But they should look a heck of a lot better when done!

Only issue I have not been able to tackle is the master cylinder was bad (maybe from sitting for a couple of years unused?) so now I need to bleed the whole system. From browsing here and other sites, looks like to bleed the ABS though, I will have to take it to a shop (unless anyone has any tips?).

Only immediate performance mods (if you would count them as that) is a CAI, and swapping the injectors from my totaled LeSabre into it. Maybe eventually get headers, and a Z28 exhaust. Probably be easier to just make it handle a little better though. And just accept it for what it is, lol. You will not be seeing any 'How do I swap an LS1 into my 3.4???' threads from me!

Over Summer, or late spring (whenever we get up to around 70, the garage is not heated), I am going to respray it. I am thinking Hot Rod Flatz, with gloss black accents.

Anyways, looking forward to learning more from you guys, and hopefully being able to help a little too!

Hopefully pics soon, right now it looks like something out of Mad Max. I have been waiting for a couple of weeks for my bumper to arrive. Next time I will just pay the premium and buy local...

Claude

Old 03-14-2011, 04:41 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum, post up some pics of the thing, we don't care what it looks like. As far as the bleeding goes, you do need a computer that can cycle the ABS in order to bleed the brakes properly. And just for my interest, where did you get your bumper at? Was it an ebay one?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks for the welcome!

OK, I took some photos on my phone, so I will get those uploaded tomorrow.

And yes, I got it off ebay. Like $90 shipped? But speak of the devil, it came in today! I'm psyched! I will get it put back together tomorrow hopefully.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:10 AM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Let me know what the fitment is, I've been looking at those for a "project" I have in mind.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I can't really give you an honest feel for it, since my car was tweaked to begin with. But, based on what I saw on the side that was not tweaked, it did not fit terribly well. I mean like 97% of people would not see it, but I would if I was looking over a vehicle.

But I didn't get what I thought I was getting anyways. I thought it came primed, this one didn't (although the listing did not say it was specifically). It also has been debadged (which is fine with me, because I didn't have a old one to replace it). But something to be aware of.

Before I started tearing it apart, lol

Old 03-16-2011, 01:05 AM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

From your last pic it doesn't look that bad. You think with some sanding you could get it fit pretty good?

Old 03-16-2011, 05:55 AM
In the Staging Lanes

That is the old bumper, haha. I'll take some pics of the new one once it is on for good. I had to replace one of the studs that it attaches to on the mount, it snapped off half way. But yeah, sanding, and fiberglass reinforced body filler can do anything! lol